Raytheon SAS designs, develops, produces and supports a vast array of electro-optical/infrared sensors, active electronically scanned array/scanning radars, and various integrated systems solutions to provide customers with actionable information for strike, persistent surveillance, and special mission applications. These best-in-class systems perform detection, identification, tracking, targeting, navigation, weather, and situational awareness tasks from a variety of airborne platforms including maritime, littoral and overland patrol aircraft, unmanned aerial systems, and other tactical, attack and transport rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Raytheon radar products are deployed by every branch of the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and several other government, commercial and international customers.
We are looking to hire an Embedded Software Engineer to support a new airborne radar program that will be executed out of the Raytheon Dallas location.
The position involves:
- Adaption of a complex radar software code base from a ground based platform to an airborne platform. In addition to the modification of the existing code base, new software functionality/capabilities will be added in order to meet program specific requirements.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced agile development environment and interface with other disciplines including systems engineering and firmware to accomplish program objectives.
- Ability to quickly understand the existing code base, strategically apply customer specific requirements to the existing design, adapt the design as required to meet comply with the overall system architecture and then implement and test the required functionality. The program will use a continuous integration approach to testing.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Real-time Embedded Software development
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Existing DoD secret clearance with ability to obtain required program SAR clearance (Last clearance investigation should be 6 years or less)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- A minimum of current SECRET Clearance is required.
- Real time radar development experience
- C/C++ development experience
- Radar signal processing or sensor control experience
- Cyber, AT, and/or EP experience
- DO178 experience
- Experience integrating software on large complex programs
- Experience with JIRA, GIT, Jenkins, and Static Analysis Tools
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Science degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.