Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Advanced Sr Engineer
Other Locations: US-US-DC-Washington
Job Number: 1076790
ABOUT THIS POSITION
This position will support Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC) process and procedure development, that are broad and complex in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
KBRwyle is currently conducting a search for a professional and experienced SOC Analysts to add to its team in support of the NAVY CNIC group. The candidate will have expertise in managing cybersecurity risks and incidents in a large-scale enterprise environment.
• Perform deep-dive incident analysis by correlating data from various sources and determine if a critical system or data set is affected.
• Handle incidents as defined in Playbooks and SOPs, and advise on remediation actions.
• Respond to Cyber Security Incidents, provide cyber threat analysis and reporting to support SOC and Program’s situational awareness.
• Support a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center and monitor security tools and provide tier II response to security incidents.
• Follow standard operating procedures for detecting, classifying, and reporting incidents under the supervision of Tier 3 staff.
• Understanding of network protocols coupled with experience with web proxies, web application firewalls, and vulnerability assessment tools.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with a high level of analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Positive attitude with strong oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of IP networking and network security including Intrusion Detection
• Extensive Windows, Linux, Database, Application, Web server, etc. log analysis
• Extensive experience troubleshooting security reports on Linux, Windows, routers, firewalls, applications, etc.
• Experience scripting with PowerShell, bash/ksh/sh, Cisco IOS.sh, JunOS sh/csh, Perl, Tcl, Lua
• Familiarity with common network vulnerability/penetration testing tools
• Some experience with system hardening guidance and tools
• Experience on an Incident Response team performing Tier I/II initial incident triage.
• US Citizenship required
• Top Secret Clearance Required
• BA/BS degree in relevant field and ten (10) years of experience in relevant technical field to include:
Technology Analysis and Assessment, Design Definition, Development of Systems Specification, Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Integration, Test & Evaluation Criteria, and Logistics support of C5ISR requirements.
Must have CompTIA Security
to start work
WHO WE ARE:
KBRwyle is KBR’s global government services organization.
We deliver mission critical, full life cycle services that improve military readiness, drive innovation, and help ensure mission success.
Since WWII, we have led many of the federal government’s most important programs in the areas of defense, space and technology. Today, our employees are solving some of the world’s most challenging problems and inspiring the future.
KBRwyle core capabilities include engineering, operations, logistics, science, program and acquisition management, IT, cyber and security services.
Learn more about KBRwyle by visiting
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.