RADAR Systems Special Test Equipment – IPTL/Systems Engineer
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
The Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization is seeking engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective verification and validation solutions. As a technical, product team lead member of the Radar Systems Special Test Equipment team, the candidate will lead projects requiring the design, development and deployment of integrated hardware/software system test solutions and tooling to support Raytheon’s development, production, and depot laboratories and facilities.
- Integrated Project Team Leadership (IPTL) for:
- Hardware, Software, and Firmware development activities throughout all phases (design, development, integration, test, maintenance and support)
- Activities involving the design, development, integration, testing and verification of hardware/software:
- Test fixtures, scripts and Graphical User’s Interface applications
- Radar Avionics control and monitoring simulators
- Test access for data monitoring of critical Radar data
- Integration of target simulators, instrumentation systems and Government furnished aircraft avionics
- This highly dynamic environment requires both speed and efficiency in addition to maintaining product quality, functionality and traceability. Applicants are expected to be self-motivated, detail oriented and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team through strong written and verbal communication skills. The IPTL must be comfortable working closely with a diverse group of hardware/firmware engineers, software engineers, Radar subject matter experts, as well as functional and technical management to ensure on time deliveries.
- Experience as an IPTL, including EVMS certification and presentation of detailed project status to high level program management.
- Minimum 8 years work related experience with a BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Must have existing DoD Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance and/or a SSBI/Special Access clearance
- US Citizenship
- Familiarity with reading schematics and the ability to troubleshoot down to the component level
- Familiarity with commercial test equipment (e.g. DMM, Oscilloscope, Signal Generator, Spectrum Analyzer, Logic Analyzer)
- Familiarity with several of the following:
- Design, integration and test of mid to large scale, multi-threaded, distributed software systems.
- Developing real-time embedded systems, device drivers, control software
- Developing firmware with Verilog and/or VHDL
- ClearCase, ClearQuest or the like
- C/C++, Java, Python, Pearl, Tcl/Tk
- CAD/EDA: AutoCAD, OrCAD, and Mentor Graphics
- LabVIEW, Microsoft Visual Studio IDE, Xilinx ISE, Quartus
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
- Experience using DOORS
- Working familiarity with Radar, RF and RF Environmental concepts and technology
- Experience with software development on a Real-Time Operating System (RTOS) (i.e. VxWorks)
- Experience with implementing communication hardware and software (TCP/IP, UDP, Shared Memory, Mil-Std-1553)
- Familiarity with system devices (VME, PCI/PMC/XMC, Serial, GPS/IRIGA/B/G, 1PPS, USB)
- Familiarity in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) and Design Patterns
- Experience in the development and delivery of Radar Systems and technologies
- Experience with all phases of hardware and software development testing including unit, integration, acceptance testing
- Radar System Integration Labs (RSIL) experience.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related discipline.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.