Raytheon is looking for an experienced Sr Manager, Material Program Manager for programs located in El Segundo, CA in support of Missile & Space Defense/ Civil Space/ International. The candidate will be responsible for leading three teams for the major program areas. This individual will be on the staff of the Program Director to support all execution and captures. They will lead all MPM teams assigned to the program areas. This Sr Manager is responsible for developing and executing supply chain strategies and plans for capture/proposal efforts, international pursuits, & program execution within the Missile & Space Defense/ Civil Space/ International program areas. The MPM will serve as the liaison between the Program Managers, IPT’s and the Supply Chain organization. They will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. The MPM will serve as the leader for all program supply chain activities. They will adhere to the enterprise Supply Chain Processes and Procedures. The MPM advise the SCM Director for Space as well as the program management office leadership team on material strategies, plans, and supplier risk management activities. This leader will manage and lead front end of the business SCM activities including early supply chain management involvement and early supplier involvement that is all centered on Enterprise Subcontract Process eXcellence process (ESPX) and other strategic sourcing. The position requires an individual who will be able to exert influence and have an effect on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the Missile & Space Defense product lines and the Program Management Offices.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage junior MPMs regarding their development and productivity for the program areas which includes performing all reviews, manpower management, and personnel development.
- Responsible to the customer and program management to meet all material contract objectives (technical, cost, schedule)
- Manage, develop and lead supply chain proposal activities including task descriptions and basis of estimates that match the PTW strategies
- Aid in the development of international sourcing strategies for exportable Missile Warning programs
- Responsible for customer communications and building a robust customer relationships
- Report, track, and manage an integrated product team and/or program responsible for the delivery of procured material from the suppliers, through external testing, and shipment to its contractual destination
- Work collaboratively with all other functions to ensure that cost estimates and EACs are accurate, processes are being followed, and staffing is appropriate for execution
- Conduct material contract closure activity alongside Contracts and Program Office
- Establish material priorities across the programs
- Provide comprehensive Supply Chain support and reviews for Gates 0-11 activities and ensures IPDS compliance for the programs and tailoring when applicable. Key activities typically include: financial management (i.e., EV, budgets, targets, working capital, material sales forecasts, etc.)
- Overall ownership of the supplier management process (i.e., Supplier Risk/Opportunity Management Plan, supplier performance, Small Business plan development and execution, metrics, international issues, develop/evaluate the MB/MW strategy, the Collaborative Agreement process, etc.), and communication of customer flow through requirements such as FAR/DFARS, ITAR, offset, public law, quality, warranty, etc.
- Act as the Control Account Manager (CAM) or supports the assigned CAM
- Work collaboratively with all other functions in and outside of SCM to ensure that Program and capture strategies are executed to maximize all Space financial goals are met
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Supply Chain, Project Management, Program Management, Engineering or other related Defense or Commercial work experience
- Experience leading managers and multiple levels of personnel
- Experience leading teams of 10 to 20 employees in large matrixed organizations
- Experience as a collaborative leader that shares programs information and requirements to enable support
- Experience leading in an Integrated Product or Project Team environment
- Experience with Supplier management; Subcontract management; Program Management or Engineering and all with some type of fiscal responsibilities
- Experience with supply chain and related systems, procurement, production control/material planning, receiving, cost estimating, logistics, and/or finance
- Experience translating customer terms and conditions into supplier requirements and reviewing statements of work for completeness and conformance to program requirements
- Experience doing supplier assessments to mitigate risk, manage qualified product delivery, and ensure the right resources are deployed
- Experience in Earned Value Management or related financial management experience
- Experience developing & executing Risk/Opportunity plans to meet program objectives
- Experience sourcing the correct suppliers for Space products to create competition
- Experience developing & executing the make/buy/where process
- Experience interfacing with external customers and all levels of internal management
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- Knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
- Experience in International sourcing, subcontract management and/or related international business experience
- Experience with international direct commercial or foreign military sales
- Experience working development or transition to production programs
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with developing and analyzing performance metrics as well as experience proactively addressing associated program and functional issues
- Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist/Six Sigma Green Belt qualified
- Technical knowledge of space related hardware applications as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, process, and procedure
- Certified Material Program Manager, Program management certification or equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, any Engineering Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Engineering-General or Industrial, Finance or Operations.
Master’s degree preferred. 130564
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.