The Triton Sense and Avoid (SAA) Product Line, part of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Systems Mission Area in Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems, seeks a Senior Systems Engineer. The position will reside in the Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) Center within the Airborne Multi-mode Radar System Requirements section. This systems engineer will work amongst other Systems Engineers supporting the SAA program and will support the chief engineer, and the systems IPTL engineer. Tasks include preparing bid and proposal packages, thin specs, ICDs and IDDs. Additional system activates include loading / linking requirements in DOOR and conducting trade studies. The Triton Sense and Avoid program is located in North Texas at the facility in McKinney.
Job Related Activities:
- System engineering tasks including defining system architecture, deriving requirements, developing Interface Design Descriptions (IDDs) and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Analyze capabilities and limitations of Radar Systems
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- Technical team leadership participating in technical peer reviews throughout the product lifecycle of design, development, integration, and test
- Interface with team lead, team members, and other teams (SW and HW) on a daily basis
- Conduct or participate in customer and/or program technical review presentations, and provide task progress status updates and work products to the team lead
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Engineering, Systems, Electrical or Software
- Experience with and knowledge of the Systems Engineering lifecycles and demonstrable application of relevant methodologies and toolsets
- Technical experience with radar systems/software engineering and test
- Knowledge of bid and proposal experience including writing BOEs
- Supplier Management including leading and developing of Supplier Control Documents (SCDs) and Statements of Work
- Experience working with both customer and internal resources
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Technical experience with Radar/Software Systems Engineering
- Experience with Operating and Troubleshooting Radars
- Installation of electronic equipment on Military aircraft
- Experience with Doors
- Experience in writing ICDS and IDDs
- Worked a design development program using Agile Framework methodology
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.