Job Description – ECAD Librarian
Perform Electronic Component ECAD/PCB/EDA librarian tasks supporting programs in the proposal and production phases. Interfacing with National ECAD Library team, ECAD/PCB Layout Design Engineers, Product Development Engineers, Component Engineers, Program Management, Engineering and project leads, external electronic component manufacturers and other related disciplines. The majority of this position will be to create ECAD/PCB/EDA library elements including electronic schematic diagram symbols and PCB footprint cells using the Mentor Graphics Expedition/xDM tool suite utilizing vendor datasheets as well as industry and company standards.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- A Minimum of four years of technical working knowledge of electronic components including semiconductors, passive components and electromechanical commodities and their applications
- A minimum of two years of experience in ECAD/PCB/EDA library development
- Familiarity and/or experience with a parts request system and library management practices
- Understanding of the ECAD/PCB layout design processes
- Effective communication skills and ability to work with and take directions from Functional Management, Component Engineers, Sr. ECAD Librarians, Product Development Engineer, ECAD/PCB Design Layout Engineers and varying levels of related engineering disciplines
- Ability to produce and evaluate high quality deliverables as well as receive feedback from peers for improvements to work quality on a regular basis
- Ability to interpret component manufacturer’s datasheets including electrical, functional and mechanical data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as strong customer interaction skills using a variety of communication methodologies including Email, telephone, instant messaging and video conferencing
- Knowledge of operating system concepts and implementations as well as networked services including collaboration tools and documentation collections
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows including standard business application software (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to navigate multiple complex specifications, processes and tools.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and shift from one task to another as priorities dictate
- Self-starter that is comfortable with and knows when to ask questions or ask for help
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience in ECAD/PCB layout design and end user best practices
- Knowledge of one or more tools from the Mentor Graphics suite (xDM, DMS, Expedition. DXdatabook, Design Architect/Boardstation) or other related ECAD/EDA software tools
- Knowledge of PCB/CCA fabrication and board manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of MIL specs and standards related to library development
- Knowledge of ECAD library management practices and ECAD Library development principles to minimize design risks and hazards
- Understanding of IPC-7351 standard land patterns and/or other footprint calculation methods and standards or automation development tool
- Current Department of Defense Security Clearance
- Working knowledge of UNIX or LINUX OS commands and editors
Bachelor’s degree required - Preferred major in Electrical, Industrial or Computer Engineering, or similar relevant technology degree. A minimum of 4 years relevant experience. 130590
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.