What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
The Saudi Programs Sustainment Program Manager (SPSPM) will be responsible for all aspects of the HAWK and Patriot Air Defense Systems Sustainment Contracts. This oversight will include day-to-day management, Export/Import Compliance, Customer Interface and fiduciary Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibilities. The SPSPM will have full accountability and authority for leading and managing Saudi Programs sustainment contracts which include setting program strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution by multifunctional teams. The person in this role will act as primary contact and will be responsible for meeting contractual commitments including the financial, quality, technology, and schedule performance of assigned program within contractual boundaries, company expectations, and established standards, using the approved business model and management tools.
The SPSPM supervises and integrates the performance of the program Integrated Product Teams and assists the Raytheon Middle East Systems (RAYMES) General Manager with the operations of the RAYMES business. The person in this position will manage a diverse population to include US Expatriates, Saudi Nationals and Other Foreign Nationals in the performance of the sustainment of Air Defense Systems, the Jeddah housing compound and over 100 personnel assigned across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The person in this role will develop customer and program enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations; such as contracts, finance, procurement, manufacturing, quality control, logistics, and administrative functions. They will act as the primary customer point of contact to provide program status and report on system performance. Additionally, they will be responsible for anticipating and fulfilling customer needs in delivering air defense capability to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining daily contact and engagement with general officers and their staff to provide system readiness status, material readiness status and personnel readiness status.
- Provide direct engagement with Hawk, Patriot and other Raytheon air defense product line personnel to maintain technical and program management alignment as it pertains to our sustainment programs.
- Establishing an executable program baseline and managing risks and opportunities, in accordance with specific financial goals and obligations.
- Strategize, plan, and lead the sustainment program portfolio team to bring, effective solutions to our customers that result in high air defense readiness and accelerate the delivery of services and materials.
- Take action to establish and maintain high levels of staff retention across all labor categories.
- Work directly with the supporting Raytheon businesses and subcontractors to recruit personnel that meet the high demands of our sustainment programs.
- Setting milestones and monitoring adherence to program master plans and schedules.
- Using approved control systems and reports that accurately measure progress
- Identifying potential problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken and ensuring the meeting of company’s contract commitments.
This position will be located in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- Minimum 12 years of prior relevant experience and demonstrated direct customer engagement
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in program management methods and responsibilities
- Experience in program planning, budgeting, and/or tracking Earned Value Management System to cost and schedule
- Understanding and implementation of export and import controls, compliance, and licensing
- Knowledge of Middle Eastern culture and sensibilities related to the business environment
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Ability and willingness for international travel
- Direct experience as a manager in the execution and delivery of military air defense (or equivalent) products and services to a military customer among the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) nations
- Experience briefing senior general officers and their staff on critical, high visibility projects
- Successfully lead a multinational team of employees and contractors in the execution of sustainment or related projects and programs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with an international customer
- Master of Science or MBA from an accredited university or college in engineering or related science or similar advanced degree
- Detailed understanding of contracting and associated change management
- Expertise in Risk, & Opportunity Management
- Experience with proposal development
- Raytheon PMX Certification Level 4 or equivalent
- Experience in managing cost and schedule for a $50M+ program
- Ability to successfully work within a culturally diverse customer and workforce community
- Proficiency with MS Office Tools including Microsoft Project and Database management.
- Strong coordination skills, organizational skills and must be detailed oriented
- Excellent customer relationship building skills
- Possess strong leadership, influence and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with time-critical requirements
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.