Entering ManTech’s 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a “Top 100 Global Technology Company” by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation’s most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The IMS Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer’s success is driving our growth.
As Principal Systems Engineer, you will join a team responsible for designing, implementing, and managing physical and virtual desktop and server environment, applying DevOps principles to automate and to accelerate adoption of new technologies, services and upgrades, analyze and tune application and service performance, implementing security and vendor best practices in a distributed IT environment, and work with customers to elicit and to document application and service requirements.
As part of the Service Design team, your responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Engineering, documenting, delivering and maintaining applications, such as SolarWinds, SharePoint, VMware Horizon View, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, HBSS, ManTech Sentris and Document Detective, Windows client and server baselines, and many customer-specific COTS and GOTS services.
- Diagnosing and resolving the toughest performance, security, and/or technical challenges related to the platforms listed above
- Writing implementation and design documents describing how security features are implemented and identifying security relevant audit events
- Participating in processes throughout all phases of ITIL Service Lifecycle, including developing full Service Design Packages and submitting Change Requests
- Performing requirements analysis, design, and integration for all platforms listed above.
- Providing direction and guidance to less experienced systems engineers
- Investigating and resolving operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
- Integration and design of best practices for application deployments in both virtualized and physical environments
- Design and Implementation of disaster recovery solution and/or fault tolerance solutions
- Support for applications that rely on database, including performance tuning database scripts and processes and trouble-shooting database latency
- Packaging software components for client installation
- Automation of various manual processing and development of dashboards to facilitate the decision-making process
- Development of automated test scripts and cases as part of the Service Design Package
- Other tasks to include requirements specification, performance modeling, end-to-end functional analysis, cost estimation, and joint application design
- Requires Bachelor's degree and 7 to 9 years of related experience.
- MCSA or MCSE (Preferred) in Microsoft’s 2012 suite of products or VCP 6.X or later
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, including DNS, Group Policy, and PKI
- Good working knowledge of applying security best practices from DISA and/or vendors
- CISSP, Security+ or DoD 8570 Certification required
- ITIL Foundation Certifications highly desired
- Experience working in DevOps teams or Scrum teams preferred
Security Requirements: Top Secret clearance required