full-time employee contract
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Principal Cyber Security Engineer, specializing in Splunk, to join our team in the Marshal, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
As a Principal Cyber Security Engineer, you will implement and conduct engineering activities in accordance with the organization's relevant approved processes, technical operations and strategic vision. The position is responsible for the technical management, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting, of enterprise-wide monitoring systems, applications and related infrastructure; ensuring that any issues that may adversely impact the confidentiality, integrity or availability of computing resources are identified, properly alerted and promptly resolved.
The candidate must be an experienced individual deploying, configuring, and managing Splunk and will be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operations of the Splunk tool and the development of user content (e.g. rules, reports, and basic connector configuration).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure security authorization boundaries are properly defined and captured in the system security plans, and that all interconnection agreements are in place and current. Provide hands-on assistance to as necessary.
• Manage data retention policies and perform index administration, maintenance and optimization, configuration backups
• Assist in developing Splunk content to support their use cases, which will involve report/dashboard development, custom alerting, and third-party tool integration.
• Administration and operation of information security compliance tools and platforms with a special concentration in managing the Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS).
• Create and organize the ACAS scan groups, and managing user access, permissions and roles.
• Perform enterprise-wide vulnerability analysis and management and risk analysis for all enterprise enclaves
• Ensure DISA STIGs are implemented and enforced
• Draft, edit and appropriately distribute written reports and status updates that are factual, timely and relatively error free.An individual working under this labor category will be expected to be able to perform typical day-to-day tasks autonomously, requiring assistance in only the most complex tasks.
• Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Computer Science or a related field)
• IAM III: CISSP, CASP+ CE, OR CSSLP
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• An active and current TS/SCI clearance is required
• Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
• Vendor certification and/or training is expected but not required in cases of established experience
• 10-15 years of related information technology experience
• Minimum 3+ years of Splunk experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a fully operating Splunk solution.
• Demonstrated experience in Splunk engineering and administration, including Splunk Enterprise Security.
• Practical experience in infrastructure administration a plus (Linux, networking, Windows, firewalls).
• Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills