The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the Software Engineering work products delivered to our customers meet their specified technical requirements and are developed using approved development processes and procedures. The Software Quality Engineer must be able to work within a cross-function, matrixed organization in which there is close interaction and collaboration with Program Quality and various Engineering disciplines.
The Software Quality Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of an effective Software Quality program designed to minimize development risk and ensure technically correct work products. Responsible tasks include, but not limited to, analysis of software requirements, peer review of software and systems engineering artifacts (source code, design artifacts, test plans and procedures), performing independent assessments of software development process compliance, executing defect trend analysis and RCCA activities, and participating in final software acceptance testing and approval.
Key Software Quality responsibilities may include:
- Support program, corporate and third-party audits and assessment.
- Participate in the software design, development, integration and test phases of development.
- Support the transition to production activities including providing input to DFMA analysis and PFMEA.
- Review correctness of formal test procedures and test configurations, and participate in qualification test, including post-test actions and requalification testing.
- Preform independent software process and product assessments, root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action.
- Minimum 6 years of related experience in Software Quality Engineering or Software Engineering
- Programming experience i.e. UNIX, Java, C, C++, or C#
- Knowledgeable of Software Processes; the Software Engineering Institute (SEI), the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI), the software lifecycle; requirements, design, implementation, and software testing
- Experience with the development and analysis of System/Software requirements
- Experience in supporting Agile/Scrum software development
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to effectively express ideas in written and verbal form
- Demonstrated problem solving, and organizational, planning, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
- Experience in supporting a product based matrixed organization with multiple programs, in various stages of development and production
- Experience in coordinating efforts across multiple programs, managing conflicting schedules and priorities
- Experience with providing shared resource support for efforts with multiple, varying levels of funding
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction
- Ability to obtain an SSBI/DoD Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience in supporting multiple SW development teams in a compartmentalized security environment
- Knowledge in configuration management and control tools i.e. Rational ClearCase, ClearQuest, PDM, Collaborator
- A working knowledge of Quality Management Systems Configuration and Data Management, and implementation of internal and contractual quality requirements.
- Experience in AS9100 and ISO 9001 requirements
- Experience with Static Analysis tools and techniques
- Raytheon Six Sigma Certification or Six Sigma Greenbelt.
- ASQ CSQE, CQA.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in STEM degree (Engineering or equivalent science related degree)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.