Raytheon seeks an experienced Mechanical Engineer / Thermal Analyst committed to providing top-quality electronics products for the nation’s defense. The Thermal Analyst is responsible for detailed thermal analysis to support all phases of programs. The analyses will cover a wide range of difficult problems, requiring solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives. The analysis tasks will span the spectrum from classical hand analyses to detailed analyses requiring the use of finite element analysis software. As a Thermal Analyst, you will work under general direction and will be expected to define the scope and level of analysis required to meet required objectives and will be held accountable for completing the work within the agreed upon cost and schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, Math or Physics
- Four (6) years of professional experience in thermal management solutions
- Ability to perform conceptual and detailed thermal analysis of Antennas, RF products/sub-systems, EO Sensors, and Electronic components / devices for application in ground-based, airborne and maritime defense. Responsibilities include the analysis of thermal systems, air- and fluid-flow systems, and air- or liquid-cooled electronic enclosures.
- Familiarity with commercial analysis codes including SINDA, ICEPAK, Siemens NX, STAR CCM+ and network modelers such as MasterFlow and Macroflow.
- Experience with hand-calculations for thermal analysis or using Excel, Matlab, TK Solver to obtain preliminary solutions in a timely and efficient manner
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to discuss technical material with others
- Ability to solve difficult problems by applying basic scientific principles, theories and concepts
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
Prior experience in Defense or AerospaceRequired Education:
B.S. Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering Field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.