What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
The Modernization Program Manager is responsible for providing proactive management of Army/Navy Transportable Radar Surveillance (AN/TPY-2) modernization to ensure adherence to the Technical Data Package (TDP) and provide maximum operational availability and reliability on the refurbished asset at an affordable cost. This position provides leadership and direction to the Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) team members reach back support, and has overall cost, schedule, and technical responsibility for the refurbished Prime Mission Equipment (PME) to ensure the radars are compliant to the TDP and ultimately support the warfighter mission.The Program Manager provides a single point of contact for Raytheon, Letterkenny, El Paso and the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) customer leadership to set priorities for the radar assets and address issues.The Program Manager provides inputs and communicates program status and issues and partners with the IDS CLS Leadership to ensure a single voice of Raytheon with the end customer. The Program Manager will provide support for program growth and revenue.
The Program Manager will be located in the Missile Defense Center (MDC) office in Woburn and be required to travel to Letterkenny in Pennsylvania and potentially El Paso, Texas on a quarterly basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Basic/Required Qualifications:
- Lead capture effort for multiple Request for Proposals (RFP) in support of refurbishment efforts
- Meet revenue goals in support of the Mission, Systems and Sensors (MSS) Business Annual Operating Plan in excess of $30M
- Develop a customer relationship built on trust and respect
- Provide direction and coordination of resources in support of the awarded Task Order
- Conduct program activities in accordance with Raytheon policies and procedures with strict adherence to the Contract and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Monitor program and process metrics to ensure optimization of resources while providing best value to the customer
- Provide a single point of contact for MDA regarding AN/TPY-2 refurbishments. Manages external relationships and information flow with the MDA customer for day to day operations. Sets priorities for the PME under contract and addresses operational issues.
- Resolve production issues at sub-contractors working with MDA, engineering support and Supply Chain to ensure the quickest return to compliance with schedule.
- Minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in program planning, budgeting, and tracking to cost and schedule
- Program Management Excellence (PMX) Certification or ability to obtain PMX certification within one year of service
- Knowledge and experience implementing Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and Risk & Opportunity Management
- Experience in building and leading a multi-disciplined team including members from Engineering, Operations, Integrated Supply Chain, and Quality
- Activate DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree
- 5 + years of experience as a Program Manager, IPT Lead, PIC and/or CAM on a similarly sized program at Raytheon
- Experience with Radar production
- Experience with subcontract and IOT management
- Ability to independently complete complex assignments and develop creative cross mission area solutions
- Demonstrated experience with Gate Reviews
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills
- Possesses in depth understanding of the DOD environment and acquisition process
- Expertise in Program Management best practices and IPDS
- Ability to lead by influence and collaboration
- Strong communication skills and experience presenting to customers and senior leadership
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time critical-requirements.
- Ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team, as well as the customer.
- Ability to understand technical details of efforts underway, to summarize key concerns and follow through with development of action plans to correct or satisfy problem areas.
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive OfficerThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.