Raytheon IIS is seeking a Core System Administrator experienced with system administration and maintenance functions associated with monitoring and controlling Windows computers hosting classified intelligence data and software applications. This work is in support of the Air Operations Center Weapon System (AOC WS). Location of work Hampton, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Integrating, upgrading, and managing domain services and infrastructure systems
• Administration of Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, LDAP, Group Policy Objects, vSphere, HBSS, and ACAS
• Providing installation, post-configuration, and data load of systems
• Administration of computer systems related to domain services, including system startup and shutdown; security and application patch installation; security scanning and remediation; user account, profile, and permission management; system backup and restoration; system service and log management; system auditing; problem report management; performance management; and other IT administration-related services, as directed by the customer
• Recommending improvements to the Core Services systems
• Documenting and redlining system technical diagrams and documentation, including installation, configuration, and operations & maintenance guides, as well as system/application verification and validation instructions
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• US Citizen
• SECRET Clearance
• Security+ certification
• System administration of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008R2, and/or Windows Server 2012R2
• Proficiency with Domain Services system administration, including Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, SCCM, LDAP, and Group Policy Objects
• Advanced troubleshooting skills and experience.
• Ability to produce detailed technical documentation.
• Ability to work on a team under pressure to meet strict schedule requirements
Additional Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
• Experience troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining two or more of the following: MS SQL Server 2008R2 or newer, MS Office SharePoint Server 2010 or newer, VMware vSphere 6.0 or newer, and DISA HBSS 4.6 (McAfee ePO) or newer
• System administration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 or later
• Experience with scripting such as PowerShell and VB Script
• Familiarity with DISA STIG compliance
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• MCSA or MCITP certification is desired (MCSE preferred)
Required Education (including Major): BS with Computer or Systems Engineering related major and six years of relevant experience OR 14 years of equivalent military and/or civilian experience in lieu of a degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.