Sr Manager, Project/Task - Military veterans preferred
2019-01-03 General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Arlington Virginia United States
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks.
Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations.
Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
Oversees all aspects of projects.
Acts as the lead, manager and administrator for the contracted effort in support of a Navy program or project.
Serves as the primary interface and point of contact with Government program authorities and representatives on technical and program/project issues.
Oversees contractor personnel program/project operations by developing procedures, planning and directing execution of the technical, programming, maintenance and administrative support effort and monitoring and reporting progress.
Manages acquisition and employment of program/ project resources and controls financial and administrative aspects of the program/project with respect to contract requirements.
· Ten (10) years of professional experience supporting defense acquisition to include three (3) years of experience in support of DoD Acquisition management.
· Documented experience working with acquisition policies and procedures including FAR, DFARS, and DODD 5000 series.
· Experience as a leader of large and diverse teams requiring the ability to effectively provide guidance, direction, and supervision in all areas of contracted effort such as program management, systems engineering, major system acquisitions, and financial management.
· Experience working with large scale systems for an organization with widely distributed geographic sites.
· Documented managerial experience leading employees supporting IT services.
· PMP and ITIL Foundation Certifications.
ACTIVE Secret clearance required.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
· MA/MS degree in Business Administration, Information Technology Management, Cyber Security, or related Technical Discipline.
· ALLOWABLE SUBSTITUTION: A BS or BA degree and an additional four (4) years of experience can be substituted for an MS or MA degree.