full-time employee contract
ManTech is multi-billion-dollar public company that provides
the innovation, adaptability, and critical thinking our government needs for
success in health, science, defense, intelligence, law enforcement, and other
fields. ManTech is seeking a person to
work in an energetic military medical research organization. You will work with
senior epidemiologists and bio-statisticians, physicians and military personnel,
to design, execute, analyze, and report epidemiological studies of military
personnel. This position requires US citizenship.
· Develop quantitative epidemiological models using data from a
variety of sources.
· Conduct quality review, data cleaning, merging, and
extraction of relevant information from multiple large data sets.
· Produce clear and concise written reports documenting the
methodology used to conduct and analyze epidemiological studies.
· Conduct literature and abstract searches from conferences
regarding changes in epidemiological methods.
· Be an active, willing and cooperative partner with other
members of project teams.
· Be prepared to develop independent research projects
Mandatory Skills Required:
· Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, or
statistics, with coursework in epidemiology, study design and analysis, and
statistics (through logistic regression methods).
· 0-02 years w/Masters Degree
· Excellent SAS and Microsoft Office applications skills.
· General familiarity with public health and preventive
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
needed to keep research team informed of progress and changes in status of
· Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
· Must be able to interpret and apply statistical techniques,
and to explain methods and findings to non-statistician research team members.
· Please provide writing sample (article, manuscript, research
· Strong communication skills, interpersonal, negotiation,
consensus-building, and analytical skills with the ability to work successfully
in cross functional teams in an organized, fast paced environment while meeting
time sensitive deadlines is a must.
· Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
· Oral and Written Communication Skills
· Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
· Multi-Tasking Ability
· Leadership Skills
· Organizational Skills
· Interpersonal and People Skills
· Experience in epidemiological or public health research.
· Knowledge of military structure and medical systems or
· Demonstrated experience working in complex environments with
a high degree of organizational effectiveness.