The Raytheon SAS Mission Assurance Supplier Quality organization ensures that known good parts and services are received from the supply chain. We work collaboratively with our internal functional counterpart to ensure requirements flow down and TDP’s will result in product that performs in the system, services that meet performance requirements. We conduct supplier oversight through requirements reviews, in-process and final inspection at supplier’s facilities, perform ‘value-added’ incoming inspection at Raytheon to ensure compliance. We perform robust containment, root cause, corrective action and validation of supplier caused defects and develop Supplier Quality inputs to proposals/bids.
This Material Quality Manager position will provide Supplier Material Quality support to assigned programs within Space & Airborne Systems. Tasks include:
- Interface across a matrix environment to determine requirements, develop plan for fulfilling the specific procured material requirements, while meeting the overall programmatic requirements
- Provide Supplier Quality Engineering support to assigned programs at the El Segundo site, with limited supervision.
- Management of supplier corrective actions
- Coordinating, participating, and potentially conducting enterprise supplier assessments
- Support Customer Audits internally and at Suppliers
- Drive robust and closed loop supplier corrective actions with vendors
- Develop and implement Supplier Quality plans for the programs
- Lead and participate in multi-functional teams in process improvement activities using Raytheon Six Sigma quality tools.
- Create and maintain Supplier Quality work content for proposals and bids
- Perform defect data analysis and review with the program managers and supplier management, which will assist in developing Supplier improvement plans
In addition to the core MQM responsibilities this position’s duties will include:
- Provides MQM support for the ACT business area and for a wide range of multiple programs in Space Systems and ACT
- Serve as a proposal lead for material quality providing the necessary leadership and technical guidance to provide the necessary work products (provide inputs or sections of Proposal Volumes, comprehensive supplier quality inputs, brief the MA LT)
- Provide monthly CAB metrics on behalf of the MQM team to include Risk analysis and risk mitigation elements.
- Lead the execution and monitor the effectiveness of program supplier quality risk mitigation plans
- 8+ years of related experience.
- 8+ years demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills for interaction at various levels of management with the suppliers.
- 8+ years working knowledge of Quality systems (AS9100/ISO 9000), Statistical analysis processes and tools, Configuration Management, and Mission Assurance.
- 8+ years of experience in a production environment.
- 8+ years of experience with closed-loop corrective action systems and nonconforming material control system
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
- Strong risk assessment and mitigation foundation
- High level of expertise in Causal analysis and using tools. (i.e. 5-whys’, FMEA, Fishbone, etc,.)
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- RSix Sigma Expert
- Existing Secret Clearance
BS Engineering (General, Math, Physics, Material Science, Industrial/Mechanical/Electrical/Engineering Technology Disciplines, and Quality Engineering)Desired Education:
Masters in Engineering Management or Business Administration 130721
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.