Raytheon is seeking a Sr Systems Integration Technologist with a strong Windows System Administration background to join our team in upgrading and maintaining systems in a sustainment environment on the James Web Space Telescope (JWST) program in Aurora Colorado.
The Sr. Systems Integration Technologist is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Designs, implements, codes, tests, documents, and maintains systems integration solutions to total system or subsystems. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires US Citizenship with ability to successfully pass the US Government background check required for issuance of a government Common Access Card (CAC)
- 4+ years of experience directly related to Windows System Administration in an up to date Windows Server environment supporting (i.e. 2012, 2016). Experience should include system configuration and integration.
- Experience administering Windows Desktop – Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- 2+ years of experience with VMwareSystems
- Integration experience including researching current OS/hardware upgrade options and preparing specifications for any needed procurement.
- Experience with common network services such as DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and troubleshooting
- Experience administering backup technologiesAbility to troubleshoot complex configuration problems or system issues
- Experience in the following areas: WSUS Patch Management, Anti-Virus, endpoint protection, OS Upgrades, computer security and system monitoring and logging
- Experience in COTS/GOTS/FOSS Software installations
- Experience with LAN administration
- Ability to ensure successful planning, deployment, installation, and upgrades of products within required timelines and resource allocations
- Communication and strong interpersonal skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations.
- Experience with server and workstation assessment and hardening using various information system security assessment/hardening tools - DISA STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, Retina, Nessus etc.
- Experience with Linux System Administration including patch management and hardening
- Experience with Oracle database architecture including RAC, DataGuard, RMAN, ASM
- Experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS)
- Experience with management of security technologies including KACE, Nessus, BigFix
- Scripting skills (i.e. PowerShell, Python, Ruby, PERL, bash, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools (i.e. Chef, Puppet, Ansible )
- Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency
BS Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a similar technical field or 12 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.