Successful candidate for Sr. Mechanical Engineer will develop conceptual and detailed design drawings for Mechanical Special Test Equipment (STE) and Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) for used during Integration and Test of airborne instruments.
Typical types of equipment to be designed are: lift fixtures, shipping containers, vibe fixtures, mass models/simulators, test/assembly stands, test adaptors for electronic boards and equipment, and cooling carts. Design support will be provided through all phase of the program life-cycle, from proposal, to conceptual design/requirements derivation, to PDR/CDR, and build/test/delivery. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer may be closely aligned with the Program and may support internal and external design reviews. They may lead a small team and oversee the analysis work of junior engineers within the Department and will likely report to a STE Lead, hardware IPT Lead or Mechanical Design Lead.
- 4+ years of experience designing test equipment/ground support equipment for aerospace hardware, including conceptual design, and detailed drawing preparation and release.
- Strong knowledge in the use of Creo CAD software for mechanical design.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to convey highly technical material to others.
- Ability to solve moderately difficult problems by applying advanced technologies, scientific principles, theories and concepts.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance and SSBI within 1 year of start date.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience working Integration and Test of aerospace hardware.
- Knowledge of commercial Finite Element Software, such as NASTRAN, ANSYS, or ABAQUS.
- Familiarity with thermal analysis of electronics, preferably for airborne or space platforms.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight and to lead/critique the work of others.
- BSME from an accredited university and 4+ years experience
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or related field from accredited university.
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.