The Hardware Quality Engineer will provide quality engineering support and expertise to Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems to ensure compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements. Provide education and knowledge on the use of quality tools in the administration of the Quality System. Apply quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools. The Hardware Quality Engineer will use analytical tools and methods to: improve product design; minimize inspection; solve fabrication problems; complete such specialized quality functions as data preparation, analyses, and reporting; develop techniques and methods; support process improvements; complete special investigations and audits; take preventative and corrective actions; audit manufacturing and test data for Quality System requirements; support design reviews to insure that quality is engineered into the product; and develop product acceptance techniques and plans.
This individual will be responsible for interfacing with the McKinney Consolidated Manufacturing Center (CMC) Value Streams to ensure compliance to documented processes, procedures and support the depot operations to deliver Multi-spectral Targeting Systems (MTS) to our customers. This position will be assigned to the Mission Support Value Stream in support of the repair, upgrade, inspection, test and delivery of MTS products. This Hardware Quality Engineer (HQE) position will be responsible for supporting the factory’s goals by performing the various tasks below. The individual will work closely with cross-functional counterparts in Operations, Engineering, and Manufacturing. Additionally, the HQE will coordinate the various Quality Engineering functions (Program, Software, Supplier, and Material) to support the CMC.
Key Hardware Quality responsibilities may include:
- Establish the implications of disassembly during rework or repair activities.
- Perform first article inspection (FAI).
- Assure special test equipment (STE) and tooling comply with approved assembly and tooling drawings, assembly instructions, test procedures and metrology requirements.
- Perform lab and/or manufacturing center audits to verify product safety requirements are adhered to throughout build and test, including electrostatic discharge (ESD), foreign object damage (FOD), critical lifts and storage.
- Manage dropped and damaged hardware processing and incident reporting.
- Assure identification and segregation of all out-of-tolerance equipment and tooling, and assure investigation into product impact.
- Minimum of 6 years related professional engineering or quality experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a Quality, Manufacturing or Engineering professional
- Experience with project/program bid and proposal development
- Experience with AS 9100 quality management systems
- Experience with project management and risk and opportunity management
- Experience with microelectronic fab, manufacturing and assembly
- Experience with metrology, measurement tools and practices
- Ability to write clear presentations and technical reports, including proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong organizational, collaborative and communication skills
- Must be able to travel as required to support external customers and suppliers
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Experience working with external suppliers and mechanical inspection techniques
- Experience in supporting design and manufacturing processes and have the ability to work within a cross-functional team environment
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- Hands on use of statistical process controls for process monitoring, qualification and/or design feedback
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analysis, root cause analysis, corrective and preventive actions.
- Knowledge and application of business acumen
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams in failure analyses, root cause analysis using 6s techniques such as fault trees and fishbone diagrams, and implementing and enforcing corrective actions
- Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts such as DFMA, Input-output diagrams, and SPC
- Ability to manage and develop balanced supplier relationships built on partnerships and required performance
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to collaborate and team with multiple internal functions and external organizations to provide best value solutions to our customers
- Active DoD Secret clearance
: B.S. – Engineering or other STEM major such as IE, EE, ME, ChE, or Physics or Quality
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.