Position Title: Manufacturing Engineer II
The Manufacturing Engineering (MfgE) Department of Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems provides premier engineering and manufacturing support expertise to enable on-time, lowest cost hardware delivery with performance and reliability that exceed customer expectations. MfgE executes across all phases of a program including proposal capture, process development, transition to production, and production support.
The Manufacturing Engineering Department is a diverse composite of core capabilities and centralized support teams including:
Manufacturing Engineering’s engagement with Raytheon products is not just limited to Raytheon manufacturing sites. We support our large supplier network and international builds with deployment of engineers. These engineers help to troubleshoot and resolve supplier issues before they come into Raytheon factories; as well as helping to integrate Major End Items (MEIs) at domestic and international sites.
- Precision Metal Fabrication
- Large Scale Hardware / Systems Integration
- Harness / Cable Fabrication
- Surface Acoustic Wave Oscillators / Resonators
- Magnetics & Ferrite Assembly
- Missile Forebody / Radome Assembly
- Underwater Sonar & Torpedo Integration
- Circuit Card Assembly
- Advanced Electronic Sub-Assembly
- Cabinet Integration Center
Your experience as a Raytheon Manufacturing Engineer will position you well for organizational advancement along both technical and managerial career paths. Apply your Manufacturing Engineering expertise to help in protecting our Nation and our Warfighters. Be a part of the future of Raytheon Manufacturing.
Manufacturing Engineers develop and improve manufacturing processes by studying products and manufacturing methods. They analyze product specifications to determine appropriate designs and processes which support these customer requirements. You would apply your skills to develop, test, modify, and create solutions through a collaborative effort with various teams.
Thisposition is SalaryGrade G07 (ManufacturingEngineer II). Some travel may be required for this position.
Basic Skills :
- Developing Manufacturing Data Packages (MDPs) including assembly instructions, workflow/routing, labor standards, tool and fixture designs
- Supporting daily manufacturing areas with process troubleshooting, incorporation of engineering changes into the MDP
- Dispositioning non-conforming material with root cause and corrective action analysis as required
- Driving Continuous Improvement through process improvements to improve cycle time, reduce ergonomic risk to assemblers, automate, reduce costs (both direct and indirect) using Six Sigma principles and data driven decision making
- Providing real-time technical support to manufacturers and fabricators; in-house as well as the supply base.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- 2 years experience working in Manufacturing Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PPT, Project, Word)
- Knowledgeandabilitytoapplysixsigmaprinciples and techniques
- Technical drawing interpretation, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Demonstratedhands-onmechanicalaptitudewiththeability to workacrossdisciplines
- Innovativemindsetthatdrivescontinuousimprovement and keepspacewithadvancesintechnology
- ProficiencywithCADsolidmodeling tools (preference for CREO/ProE)
- Excellent organizational skills with fine attention to detail
- Ability to work in a teamenvironment
- Master'sdegree is not required, but it is a bonus
Bachelor of Science degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Follow Follow Follow Follow
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.