• The Solarwinds Engineer will be supporting the GSA Enterprise Operations (GEO) program.
• The engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing technologies for the monitoring and automation of the enterprise datacenters and cloud environments.
• This role involves creating standard processes and procedures for the monitoring of the GSA hardware and software.
• The Solarwinds Engineer must be able to work effectively with the Enterprise Architects, OS engineers, and operation support teams to provide training, develop guidelines and serve as a subject matter expert for the enterprise monitoring solution.
• Analyzing requirements, designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise monitoring tools and the supporting infrastructure.
• Developing and implementing custom Solarwinds dashboards and alerts to meet the requirements of the application teams, customers and other support teams.
• Defining, creating, and maintaining processes required to monitor production and development environments to ensure a proactive approach for addressing alerts or problems.
• Defining and maintaining monitoring products and component standards for monitoring capabilities to deliver a flexible, scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, and cost effective set of datacenter and cloud monitoring services.
• Working with application teams, customers and other support teams to co-ordinate and facilitate incident triage and timely resolution of production monitoring issues.
• Managing ServiceNow tickets and service requests to ensure a resolution in a timely and efficient manner.
• Developing standard operating procedures and user guides for the enterprise monitoring solutions.
• Identifying and developing ways to improve and automate monitoring to gain operational efficiencies and improve responsiveness.
• Bachelors degree and 9 years experience. High School diploma and additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
• 5+ years of experience in SolarWinds monitoring
• 5+ years of experience on multiple OS platforms.
• 5+ years of experience with monitoring the Amazon cloud and VMware virtualization technologies.
• Familiarity with Microsoft, UNIX, and Linux server OS.
• Good knowledge of Active Directory, GPOs, DNS and other Windows core services.
• Ability to learn new products and technologies.
• Ability to develop standard operating procedures and project documentation.
• Ability to research solutions for various business needs and technical problems; this includes evaluating alternatives and providing recommendations.
• Excellent communication skills to explain technical information and requirements effectively to others both orally and written.
• Familiarity with principles and practice of system configuration and change management.
• Candidate must be able to obtain a US “Public Trust” clearance, Secret (or higher) clearance.
• ITIL® Intermediate Level Certification
• Certifications: CompTIA Security+, Solarwinds Certified Professional (SCP)
• Experience with the Red Hat Cloudforms cloud management platform.
• Experience with the ARX Suite.
• 2+ years of experience in scripting development.
• Experience with ServiceNow administration and integration.
• Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
• Experience with IT service management best practices such as change, problem, incident, configuration and service level management is strongly preferred.
Experience with the following Solarwinds modules:
• SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
• SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
• SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager DLX
• SolarWinds VoIP and Network Quality Manager IP SLA X, IP Phone X
• SolarWinds IP Address Manager IPX
• SolarWinds User Device Tracker UTX
• SolarWinds Server & Application Monitor ALX
• SolarWinds Storage Resource Monitor SRM5000
• SolarWinds Virtualization Manager VM640
• SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server or Oracle SE
• Network Topology Mapper
• Customer scripting experience for producing synthetic application transaction
• Experience with automating monitoring with vRealize Automation