SAIC is looking to hire a full-time ASIC/Firmware Engineer, this position will require firmware engineering and development support to a government customer for a major satellite program. The selected candidate will perform technical oversight of ASIC and FPGA development on behalf of or in support of a government point of contact (GPOC). The selected candidate will also be knowledgeable and experience with DoD acquisition practices and overall spacecraft design and integration, performance analysis and evaluation.
• Provide direct support the customer GPOC for the review and evaluation of contractor ASIC/FPGA designs especially accounting for radiation effects.
• Review/monitor verification/validation methodologies, planning and execution.
• Review test plans/procedures, test results and test reports for completeness and accuracy and provide feedback to the customer.
• Attend Integrated Product Team (IPT) meetings as required.
• Attend contractor and subcontractor boards (Failure review, PM&P, configuration, risk management, etc) and provide feedback to the customer.
• Proactively identify and assess emerging technical and programmatic issues and then work with the Prime/Subcontractor to develop and evaluate mitigation approaches.
Required Education and Experience: