Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is seeking an experienced candidate to join the Supply Chain Proposal Excellence organization. This is a Manager position leading a team of direct reports. The Proposal Excellence organization is within the Supply Chain function and provides front end of the business support on material pricing, supplier engagements for sourcing activities, proposal compliance guidance, and development / execution of material strategies to support SAS captures / proposals. As the Manager, this position will oversee a staff of employees who support programs on issuance of supplier RFP’s, obtaining compliant supplier proposals, performing price analysis, validation of supplier exemptions to cost and pricing data, and coordinating Supply Chain activities with SAS. This managerial position will be responsible for the following:
- Effectively staff and manage a team of direct reports.
- Manage organization cost center budgets.
- Set workload priorities and allocation of resources to ensure program / businesses objectives are met.
- Cultivate program relationships to ensure effective communication between Supply Chain team and capture team.
- Provide Supply Chain guidance and support to programs on new businesses opportunities.
- Develop, review, and approve material pricing strategies to ensure alignment with supplier flow downs.
- Ensure compliance of supplier proposals in accordance with FAR / DFAR regulations.
- Collaborate across Supply Chain to ensure effective coordination and communication.
- Review and approve supplier RFP’s, supplier proposals, price analysis, and commercial item determinations.
- Provide guidance and support to direct reports on day to day activities.
- Effective at developing supplier relationships and motiving suppliers to meet the required regulations for TINA compliance.
- Track and report metrics in order to status progress to organizational goals with weekly reports to all Supply Chain mission area directors on open actions.
- Report status on open schedule C actions to Raytheon customers and audit agencies which demonstrates progress to plan on a regular basis.
- Develop, motivate, and retain talent as part of the Supply Chain Proposal Excellence culture.
As a manager in the Supply Chain Proposal Excellence team, this position is also a focal point to Raytheon customers and audit agencies on Supply Chain related work products and processes. Regular communication with DCAA / DCMA will be required with occasional need to present artifacts and process documentation on behalf of SAS Supply Chain.
Key factors of success in this position is the ability to manage a high performing team in a fast pace environment with effective collaboration across functions to ensure process execution of supplier proposal engagements relating to over TINA sourcing activities in order to win new business for Raytheon.Required Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience.
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry.
- Experience in managing or leading teams of direct reports.
- Strong verbal / written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Six Sigma or Process Improvement roles.
- Skilled in change management and organization effectiveness.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Business Capture involvement.
- Risk/Opportunity Management experience.
- Experience within a matrix organization.
- Experience working proposals or front end of the businesses activities.
- In depth working knowledge of FAR and DFAR’s acquisition regulations.
- In depth understanding of FAR and DFAR’s requirements for TINA compliance.
- Experience with Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and general Supply Chain processes.
- Experience working as a Subcontracts / Procurement manager, Material Program Manager, Financial Analyst, or in a Capture / Business Development role.
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Accounting/Finance, or other related business fieldDesired Education:
Master's Degree (MA, MS, MBA) or equivalent
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.