Raytheon Intelligence, Information, and Services (IIS) is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our System Engineering team in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Want to join a company that Stands Out among their competitors? At Raytheon, We Stand Out for a lot of reasons – and our employees are behind every one of them. Click here to find out what they have to say about the work we do and who we do it:
NISSC provides accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States. NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS (CMAFS), Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
As a Senior Systems Engineer, your duties will include, but not be limited to: author, manage and maintain CDRL artifacts to include Interface documents, design documents, DoDAF architecture artifacts and technical manuals. The Systems Engineer will also perform all aspects of requirements management to include requirements elicitation, decomposition, tracing and verification for complex, large scale computer environments. Prior experience with functional analysis such as use cases and object oriented design such as UML and SysML is highly desirable.
In addition, the candidate will possess knowledge of systems and software engineering fundamentals as well as know how to apply these fundamentals to systems and subsystems design to include computer, storage, and networking systems utilizing automation and virtualization technologies.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
Required Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
· Bachelor degree and a minimum of 6 years of experience in engineering
· Experienced in performing system engineering, analytical, and problem solving activities using structured problem solving techniques
· Proven experience authoring technical documentation
· Proven experience in all phases of Requirements (hardware and software) management
· Experienced conducting briefings and participating in technical meetings with internal and external users.
· Experienced with Microsoft Office product suite.
· Must have the ability to obtain a minimum Secret clearance, able to achieve a Top Secret clearance
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and/or Skills:
· Experience with one or more of the current NCMC-ITW/AA maintained systems consisting of AME, ATM, CMP, CPS, DECON, EWS, GTE, MARS, MWMS, MWNS, NDPP, PDS-M, SADS, SDS, SISP, SPACOD, SYSOPS.
· Experienced with requirements management tools such as DOORS Next Generation (DNG), Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rhapsody and Design Manager
· Knowledge of third and fourth generation software languages such as C, C++, and Java
· Ability to understand and apply commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field such as INCOSE CSEP, ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288 or Mil-Std-499B
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, positively influence team members, establish and maintain excellent customer relationships, and deliver positive results.
· Ability to communicate within the company, prepare and deliver presentations/summaries (both verbal and written), which appropriately address the intended audience.
Bachelor degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.