Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Title: Small Arms Technician - Kuwait
Job Number: 1076871
The Prepositioning and Marine Corps Logistics Services (P&MCLS) program is based in Jacksonville, Florida. We provide maintenance and logistics services to the U.S. Marine Corps (USMC) and U.S. Navy.
We are seeking a Small Arms Technician for our Kuwait location.
The small arms technician is a position that reports to the Ordnance Supervisor for the MEU Augmentation Program.
The small arms technician will perform daily activities of physical security maintaining key control, opening the armory, performing site counts and securing the armory at the end of the work day.
The small arms technician will perform Care of Supplies in Storage, through operational inspection of the weapon system and SL-3 inventories in accordance with current Technical Publications/Manuals; will conduct corrective maintenance on the weapon system within the authorized level of repair.
The small arms technician will perform service upon receipt for new equipment arriving and will complete all appropriate documentation.
The small arms technician will perform quality assurance checks for activities performed by other armorers.
The small arms technician will be required to utilize the Global Combat Support System – Marine Corps (GCSS-MC) to record all maintenance actions, request/receipt for repair parts or secondary items, and debrief labor and parts associated to the service request.
The small arms technician will participate and support all maintenance related program like calibration, modifications, warranty, product quality deficiency reports, publications, corrosion prevention and control.
Other duties as assigned.
* HS diploma or equivalent.
* Four (4) years directly related experience.
* Complete the Small Arms Repair Course.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds unaided.
* US Citizen. Proof required.
* Must possess or be able to obtain a U.S. Passport.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. Candidates with an Active Security Clearance Preferred. * Valid state Motor Vehicle Operator License.
* USMC MOS 2111.
* Previous experience with Global Combat Support System - Marine Corps (GCSS-MC).
* Completed an advanced Small Arms Repair Course or civilian equivalent.
* Ability to operate personal computers, multimedia data entry, and scanning and retrieval systems functions.
* Understanding of the organization's logistic functions and the activities involved in providing logistical support.
* Experience with warranty repair or warranty administration
* Experience and knowledge of requisitioning requirements utilizing appropriate Stock List, Parts Manuals, and Technical Manuals.
* Experience and knowledge of proper utilization of test equipment, diagnostic equipment, and special tools to cause repairs.
* Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
* It is mandatory that employees live off base, and work aboard a military installation.
* Must be willing and able to travel (military airlift) and work in other countries in the region of the Middle East.
* In addition to meeting KBRyle employment requirements, the United States Marine Corps has minimal standards of fitness for deployment. Your continued employment is contingent upon your being approved for deployment by the United States Marine Corps, in accordance with their policies and regulations.
* Most work will be performed in extreme temperatures, employees must be willing and able to work under these conditions as determined by a required physical examination.
* This duration of this position subject to change based on customer needs.
For more information and how to apply visit: