General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Active Secret Clearance Required
COP Managers support the US Army Europe (USAREUR) Command Operations and Intelligence Center (COIC) per Commanding General’s guidance on COP implementation by ensuring the fidelity, accuracy, and timeliness of the COP data, and ensures the situational awareness picture is depicted in the COIC as required. COP Managers must coordinate with EUCOM, component commands and other COIC watch officers to have a full understanding of current and planned operations and tasks. The COP Manager fuses and correlates operations, intelligence, logistics, and sensor data with a variety of overlays and graphical products, Keyhole Markup Language (KML) files, and other Tactical Decision Aids (TDAs) to generate the Commander’s COP. COP Managers ensure Component Commands are meeting reporting requirements and ensure the USAREUR COP is being provided to Joint Staff, USSTRATCOM Global COP, and National Military Command Center (NMCC).
In order to provide an accurate and relevant COP the following duties are required:
1. Ensure units are reporting and meeting requirements outlined in the USAREUR OPTASK COP, EUCOM OPTASK COP, and CJCSI 3151.01.
2. Manipulate, monitor, and maintain all COP related applications at COP watch stations within the COIC.
3. Develop overlays, KML files, and other TDAs as required by USAREUR Battle Watch Captain (BWC) and COIC Watch Officers.
4. Coordinate with G2 and JIOCEUR Analytical Center (JAC) to ensure intelligence data is meeting Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIR) and Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIR). To support this effort, the COP Manager must be able to query GCCS-J I3 intelligence databases for relevant inforamtion.
5. Maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot data feed connections such as CST, BCNTRK, and Theater Missile Warning feeds with Component Commands, outside agencies and Combatant Commands, and within USAREUR.
6. Manages GCCS-J track database and ensure timeliness and fidelity of COP data. Resolves discrepancies with units and component commands.
7. Maintains situational awareness within the COIC of ongoing operations, crisis activities, and other high interest activities and produces a robust COP to support these events.
8. Manipulates displays to show Theater Missile Warning Activity IAW EUCOM Tier I site requirements.
9. Assist in creating and maintaining COP Concept of Operations (CONOPS) for USAREUR and creates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for other COP managers.
10. Coordinate with Mission Command System (MCS) owners and operators to obtain requisite COP data feeds and/or products such as overlays to support the USAREUR COP.
11. Forward deploy to provide COP Management functions during USAREUR exercises and operations abroad.
This position may be required to work rotational shift work to maintain 24/7/365 operations.
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
4. Writes or updates software specifications.
5. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
6. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors; including input and output requirements; information flow; hardware and software requirements; and reliability characteristics.
8. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
9. Coordinates with client to define problem; determine data availability; report requirements; and resolve system design problems.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
- Previous experience as Brigade or higher staff level officer preferred.
- Familiar with US forces and military operational requirements.
- Experience using Joint C2 and Army Mission Command systems such as GCCS-A/J/M/AF, Agile Client, ICSF, JC2CUI, CPOF, and/or C2PC to create and manage a Common Operating Picture (COP) preferred.
- Knowledge of integrating COP products from applications such as GCCS-J I3, JEM/JWARN, MTI, JTT, CPOF, AFATDS, JADOCS preferred.
- Knowledge of US forces, staff actions, and military operational planning requirements a plus.
- Prefer candidates that have attended the JDTC GCCS-J COP, I3 Operator, or COP Manager MTT or resident courses.
- A bachelors degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
- An associates degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience; OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
#dpost #cjpost #cjobs #ISDCJ #GDITRecruiter
Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.