• This Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination, execution, control and completion of multiple assigned small to medium Information Technology projects for the Audit and Vulnerability Management (VM) teams, which includes managing multiple work streams, closely coordinating and communicating with project stakeholders, and ensuring consistency with other executing projects.
• Leads the planning and execution of the Audit projects, facilitates the definition of audit deliverables in collaboration with the stakeholders, defines project tasks and resource requirements in conjunction with the audit SMEs, as well as develops project plans.
• Assembles and coordinates project resources in collaboration with resource managers ensuring appropriate skills are obtained as well as engaging appropriate stakeholders to support and deliver work products which meets business goals and objectives.
• Projects will be working solely for a Federal Civilian customer.
• Using a combination of management skills and specific security system knowledge, this role will be a key resource in meeting the customer’s audit response and remediation.
• Additionally, this role is responsible for supporting the project governance processes within the security department and escalate status and issues to the senior project manager and Audit team leads in order to enable effective decision making and deliver business value for the security team.
• Support the governance and project status review meetings for all audit and vulnerability management activities, as needed
• Build strong relationships with clients and internal departments to understand the business challenges and opportunities for improvement
• Ability to manage multiple small to medium-sized projects (full lifecycle management)
• Brief both the customer and fellow contract support on status of Audit and VM activities
• Work closely with the Audit team lead, the VM team lead, technical leads, and client side security staff, develop project approach and detailed schedules
• Work as a change manager to help roll out the policies and procedures developed for conducting Audit and VM teams tasks within the environment
• Support and train program staff on Audit and VM processes
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be a US Citizen with ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
BA/BS degree is required
5+ years Project Management experience is required
Experience with an Agile development approach a plus
Fundamental project management skills within matrix environment and a solid foundation in business process management, tool design and optimization – excellent understanding of the core competencies: (scope, time, budget, risk, quality, integration, resource management, and communications)
Strong requirements gathering and documentation experience
Strong track record of utilizing the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for implementation
Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
Strong time management and multitasking skills; attention to detail
• Understanding of FISMA and NIST standards; Assessment and Authorization skills a plus
• Understanding of Vulnerability Management, including scanning and remediation
• Working knowledge of vulnerabilities and exploits
• Experience in developing technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
• Working knowledge of security architectures and devices