Senior Computer Systems Architect-Network Engineer
Job ID: 466197BR
Date posted: Jan. 04, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As a Senior Computer System Architect-Network Engineer you will design and define system architecture for new or existing complex computer systems. Determine systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. You will Coordinate design of subsystems, and integration of total system. Identify, analyze, and resolve program support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions. May provide technical guidance for database administrators and software developers.
Position is part of an HW Development team nested in a larger Engineering organization supporting multiple programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to development, design, ongoing maintenance, trouble ticket resolution, device configuration, crypto device support, system/equipment fielding and deployment, troubleshooting, all documentation required and other duties as assigned. Evenings and weekends may be required occasionally based on program schedule (installation) or customer outages.
This role requires that you must be a US citizen, with an Active Top Secret (TS) Clearance to start and Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) eligibility.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
- Experience with VLAN
- Experience with firewall
- Experience with routing
- Must be able to work in a development/production/operational environment
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Complex system design and integration experience
- Security Certifications (Security+, CISSP, etc) or equivalent
- Network Certifications (Network+, CCNA, CCNP, JNCP, etc) or equivalent
- SAFe Certification on Scaled Agile
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
- Strong Troubleshooting skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Experience with exterior gateway protocol (EGP) such as Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and interior gateway protocols (IGP) such as EIGRP and OSPF
- Familiarity with UNIX, Linux, and Windows server administration
- Experience with shell scripting languages (e.g., Korn shell or C shell)
- Experience with CHEF
- Familiarity with building and configuration of servers, routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Familiarity with network management and automation tools (e.g. Netbrain, Snort, Nmap, Solarwinds, WhatsUp Gold, Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC))
- Familiarity with Network Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (NIDS / NIPS) (e.g Snort, Bro)
- Familiarity with RADIUS and TACACS+
- Familiarity with High Assurance IP Encryptors (HAIPE®) and Crypto Modernization Compliant encryptors (e.g. TACLANE®-1G (KG-175G) & KG-175D).
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: System Architecture
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day