The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer. The selected candidate will be responsible for analyzing complex requirements, developing system security software, performing unit level and integration testing using state of the art tools for embedded applications. Ability to understand and employ Raytheon software development process during each phase of the software development cycle.
• 8+ years’ relevant experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related disciplines
• Experience in security software development using C and application to real time operating systems
• Familiar with object-oriented software development methodologies
• Familiar with software life cycle
• Experience with developing multi-threaded applications
• Active DoD/Secret clearance with ability to obtain SAP/SAR
• Competence in embedded software debugging and analysis tools (e.g. JTAG, GDB, etc.)
• Good understanding of different microprocessor architectures (e.g. PPC, x86, etc.)
• Background in ASIC development and design
• Understanding of agile software methodologies is a plus
• Some background or course work in cyber security or cryptography
• Experience in customer interface and presentation skills
• Good communication (oral and written) skills
• Familiar with modeling languages, e.g. UML
• TS clearance and existing SAP/SAR clearances
• Strong knowledge of COTS commercial standards and Open Mission Systems Standards
• Experience in embedded processor design, including background in the latest COTS embedded processor business trends and technical developments\\
• Familiar with real-time operating systems, e.g., VxWorks, Green Hills Integrity, or Unix/Linux
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or other technical degree.
***This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons***130820
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.