The Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) Engineering Team seeks a senior System Engineer to lead and consult on various products and programs, provide systems engineering on new and existing products, and develop and propose new concepts and solutions to customers. This engineer will work closely with our customers, senior management, program managers, and cross discipline technical staff to thoroughly understand customer objectives and then to develop solutions. This engineer may also work on or lead Research and Development projects that extend into advanced technology exploration. Expected systems engineering functions will include concept development, engineering design, integration and evaluation, and operations and maintenance of various systems or systems of systems. This engineer will also be expected to have extensive early and continuing interaction with customers to define the solution, project scope and then act as a liaison for the customer within the company. This engineer will also be expected to lead large groups of engineers and large design efforts, present formal presentations in front of large groups and customers, conduct detailed reviews, handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, gain a detailed understanding of systems, flows, CONOPs and advanced concepts, innovate and provide strategic direction, and make critical decisions while under pressure.
The highly qualified candidate must be a self-starter, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. He/she must have a strong work ethic and be flexible and adaptable in order to respond to customer and mission critical needs as they arise. The candidate will also generate briefing material and must be able to effectively and clearly present the material to team members, customers, and RAST management. The engineer must also be able to grasp new concepts quickly and adeptly and be able to create innovative designs that lead to new business and growth. The engineer must also feel comfortable representing the company in various situations, sometimes being the sole representation. Considerable travel will be required for this position.
*** this position can be staffed in Sunnyvale, CA, Anaheim Hills, CA, Salt Lake City, UT, McLean, VA, Annapolis Junction, MD ***
- Software design - FPGA design - system design - operations and maintenance of systems - remote field deployment - system test - Assess, update, create, and manage requirements - Architectural development - Maintain traceability throughout a project - Conduct trade studies - Document and manage interfaces - Prepare and chair/assist with technical reviews - Identify and manage risks - Perform and oversee configuration management - Ability to drive the generation and tracking of CONOPs, requirements, design reviews, test plans, test procedures and program reports.
- 10+ years combined in the defense industry as a systems engineer leading teams, and experience in direct customer interaction
- Breadth of experience and expertise includes several of the following:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employmentDesired Skills:
- Experience interacting with customers, including leading captures, and developing and working proposals.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program management processes for execution of complex proposals and programs.
- Experienced with leading a multi-functional team from proposal generation through contract award and completion including experience managing cost, schedule and technical aspects of a program.
- Consult on new business and technical initiatives, including the generation of white papers, ROMs, and Gate Review packages
- Understand customer objectives and concepts, extending those concepts into a workable software architecture/design as customer objectives become clearer and as new objectives emerge
- Brief the architecture to the customer community as it evolves with the customer objectives, requirements, and expectations
- Ensure satisfaction of customer technical objectives within cost and schedule constraints
- Existing Top Secret clearance (active within the last 24 months)
- 10+ years as lead for multiple SIGINT applications/products/programs
- 10+ years combined in the defense industry, as lead technical engineer, or experience in direct customer technical interaction, preferably government customers
- Practical knowledge of SIGINT customer ConOps and experience in support of deployed products/systems
- Understanding of telecommunications and data communications system concepts and/or signal processing
- Strong understanding of broadband communications including network operations, transport structures and switching equipment; or deep understanding of a related area and the demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly
- Experience working with the government IC
- Existing TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
- 10+ years with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or related STEM degree
- 8+ years with a MS/MA in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or related STEM degree
- 6 + years with a PhD in Engineering, Science or Mathematics or related STEM degree
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.