National Grid (https:\\careers.nationalgridus.com)
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is currently looking for a highly motivated Analyst that has the ability to work independently and with accuracy in our Facilities Project Management Department. The candidate selected for this position will assist the Manager with implementing and maintaining day to day processes and work on process improvements within the department. Responsible for budget reporting and project tracking data and activities to provide relevant and up-to-date information to support Facilities capital project management.
-Assist in the creation and maintenance of project documentation and tracking from project initiation through project closeout; including work order creation, approvals, contractor procurement/payment, project spend & schedule tracking and closeout documentation.
- Assist group of project managers with PO creation, invoice processing and work directly with vendors to resolve contractrelated billing issues for adherence with established contracts and authorizes payments.
- Prepares spending reports and obtains monthly spending data from company database and reviews to assure accuracy of accounting and manage reclassification of inaccurate charges as necessary.
- Monitor and review project financial information, updating where necessary in order to identify any anomalies or discrepancies and ensure management has access to up to date and accurate information.
- Maintain databases on project information including budget, spend, and schedule.
- Assist project managers in project closeout process, including data collection, correction of inaccuracies, asset unitization, and work order closeout.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred) and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience or business support experience.
• SAP knowledge preferred
• Strong analytical skills, using systems including Microsoft Excel
• Power Plan system knowledge a plus
• Must be detail oriented and be a creative problem solver
• Must have experience with transactions based processes
• Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
• Good verbal and written communications skills, analytical skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of relevant utility industry and/or construction project management is a plus
• Highly motivated with ability to take an assignment and progress independently and produce accurate work
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.