Responsible for creating innovative and cost-effective solutions for Systems Verification and Validation (including test and evaluation). Will be accountable for the definition of test and evaluation strategies and the corresponding planning and execution of detailed Integration, Verification and Validation (IV&V) plans for EO / IR products at Raytheon’s Space and Airborne Systems (SAS). Will also design and develop unique solutions for assessing systems performance. These solutions include models, simulations and special test equipment designed specifically to stimulate and interrogate our EO/IR systems. The ideal candidate will be self-starting and inquisitive with strong problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated capability in design, integration and test of complex engineering systems.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in systems engineering
- EO/IR domain knowledge for airborne applications
- Prior leadership experience managing systems engineering tasks
- Experience in proposal development including BOE creations
- Experience in preparing management level briefings and summary explanations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Technical experience in opto-mechanical engineering or electronics
- Demonstrated experience in IV&V planning, procedures and strategies
- Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing analysis using MATLAB, Fortran, or similar language
- Experience in requirement management using Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) SW
- Project management
- Experience with EVMS and usage as a management tool
- Knowledge of test methodologies and test requirement development
- Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
- Experience in embedded software or firmware
- Experience with Special Test Equipment
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.Desired Education:
Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons. 130600
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.