Fire Alarm Technician - Military veterans preferred
DynCorp Recruiting (www.dyn-intl.com)
United Arab Emirates
The Fire Alarm Technician maintains and adheres to technical orders and good commercial practices for all fire and electronic controls maintenance actions throughout the base.
- Make periodic inspections to see that all equipment and controls are operating properly and are in good condition
- Inspect, test, and maintain fire detection and alarm systems
- Interpret instrument and meter readings; wiring diagrams, schematics, drawings and technical publications
- Operation and repair of on-site fire alarm and control systems
- Submit timely reports
- Adjust sensitivity of units, based on room structures and manufacturers' recommendations, using programming keypads
- Demonstrate systems and explain details, such as the causes and consequences of false alarms
- Examine systems to locate problems, such as loose connections or broken insulation
- Inspect installation sites and study work orders, building plans, and installation manuals to determine materials requirements and installation procedures
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications
- Test backup batteries, keypad programming, sirens, and all security features in order to ensure proper functioning, and to diagnose malfunctions
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Must possess an international driver’s license
- Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Knowledge of applicable test equipment
- Knowledge of safety rules and practices; environmental policies; principles of management
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certified by a nationally recognized fire alarm certification organization acceptable to the authority having jurisdiction
- Five (5) or more years experienced in the inspection, testing, and maintenance and repair of fire detection and suppression systems.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Able to lift at least 30 to 50 pounds
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
More Jobs For Veterans...