full-time employee contract
ManTech is working to grow our team for an important mission with one of our federal government clients. When you join you will be part of an important and exciting mission that provides information technology expertise, strategic vision and tactical implementations using frameworks that require cloud services that are virtualized, scalable, and cost effective and that utilize DevOps practices.
The successful candidate is one who has had repeated success leading the delivery of medium to large scope IT initiatives of moderate complexity that involve obtaining agreement/adoption of project objectives and deliverables by key sponsors and stakeholders. The successful candidate also ensures that a comprehensive project plan is developed and maintained to track deliverables and progress toward completion on time and within budget, utilizes traditional as well as Agile based project management methodologies and tools throughout project lifecycle. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction.
· Plan, organize, lead, and deliver IT component of business projects within time, budget, and resource constraints.
· Define scope, goals, and deliverables to support the Stakeholders and Sponsors requirements.
· Create, maintains, and publish WBS for each project.
· Assign work according to the plan and schedule. Reviews quality of work and manages integration of team members’ work.
· Provide regular status updates to relevant business and IT stakeholders
· Contribute, manage, and mitigate Risk and Issues Log for each project/initiative. Lead and communicate high severity items in a timely manner to resolution.
· Ensure that deliverables, artifacts, and repositories meet governance standards and are audit-ready.
· Provide input for SPEDI management of the roadmap, including prioritization, estimation, resource capacity demand planning, risks, and dependencies.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with business partners throughout the enterprise.
· Maintain continuous communication and transparency.
· Assist in mentoring and knowledge sharing of fellow team members, as needed.
· Work directly with Architects and Business Analysts to manage the technical aspects of a development project
· Lead cross-functional project teams made up of internal and vendor IT resources
· Leverage formal change management processes to manage changes to scope, cost, schedule and to ensure alignment in expectations
· Track and drive resolution on open questions, issues and risks as well as develop risk mitigation plans.
Clearance Requirements – US Citizen with the ability to obtain Public Trust and complete DHS Security