Serves as a top level technical or functional expert, often working on multiple projects and programs.
Location: Herndon, VA Hours: 8:00-4:30
Full Service PM with primary responsibility working with management team, engineering and operational resources.
This role requires someone with proven experience leading teams that are charged with implementing cross domain solutions that support requirements of varying complexity in addition to planning and managing the coordinated effort of a team of different stakeholders, information technology, and related technical professionals, to include personnel from different organizations with competing interests (e.g., customer, cross domain governing bodies, hosting facility, and technology provider).
In addition to running the Project Management Framework throughout each of the projects. Their technical familiarity should be in infrastructure should have an understanding of storage, networks, data center, and platform (OS) services. They will need to have a holistic view of the project and the technical intra-dependencies among the project. Help bring the technical staff together on project to fill gaps and communicate openly to get things done.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing IT projects
• Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements with the ability to recommend or take required corrective actions; skilled at risk identification and management
• Hands-on experience developing and managing resource loaded project schedules using MS project.
• Ability to articulate complex resource and technical issues to a range of audiences; excellent communication skills
• Hands-on experience leading and managing enterprise level, multi-disciplinary cross-organizational project teams using the Agency Project Management Framework (PMF) and Agile project management methodology
• Proven ability to build and maintain constructive relationships among customers, stakeholders, technical teams, and contractors across the Agency & IC
• Extensive ability to communicate (orally and in writing) the most complex technical concepts and project information, tailoring ideas, explanations, and concepts to executive and senior managers.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
• Expert ability to identify programmatic challenges, risks, and constraints coupled with strong ability to convey well thought mitigation strategies
• PMP Certification
• Knowledge of Agency enterprise technical architecture, services-oriented architectures, security requirements, and operating environments
• A broad knowledge of Agency IT components, missions and strategies
• Familiarity with Intelligence Community issues, policies, systems, and working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to examine project successes and failures and make recommendations to improve processes and practices
• Strong analytic ability to evaluate programmatic data, resolve inconsistencies and propose solutions to project issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to initiate and manage relationships across the customer space.
1. Serves as a top level technical or functional expert supporting one or more clients and unlimited user groups.
2. Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge technologies.
3. Works with user groups to solve business problems with available technology including hardware, software, databases, and peripherals.
4. Applies expert functional knowledge and experience to significant business projects or processes.
5. May perform business development activities, including providing technical input to proposal efforts.
6. Provides guidance and training to less experienced staff.
7. May serve as a technical task or project leader.
8. May have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise.
10. Participates in special projects as required.