General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Provides technical, administrative, and operational leadership to assigned projects and tasks.
Location: McLean, VA, Hours 8:00-4:30 (core hours 9:00-3:00 and alternative schedule will be worked with customer).
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge in managing IT projects
• Ability to monitor the progress of multiple concurrent and highly visible projects and requirements with the ability to recommend or take required corrective actions; skilled at risk identification and management
• Hands-on experience developing and managing resource loaded project schedules using MS project.
• Ability to articulate complex resource and technical issues to a range of audiences; excellent communication skills
• Hands-on experience leading and managing enterprise level, multi-disciplinary cross-organizational project teams using the Agency Project Management Framework (PMF) and Agile project management methodology
• Proven ability to build and maintain constructive relationships among customers, stakeholders, technical teams, and contractors across the Agency & IC
• Extensive ability to communicate (orally and in writing) the most complex technical concepts and project information, tailoring ideas, explanations, and concepts to executive and senior managers.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple concurrent projects, short deadlines, and competing priorities
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and ability to work independently and as a team player
• Expert ability to identify programmatic challenges, risks, and constraints coupled with strong ability to convey well thought mitigation strategies
• PMP Certification
• Knowledge of Agency enterprise technical architecture, services-oriented architectures, security requirements, and operating environments
• A broad knowledge of Agency IT components, missions and strategies
• Familiarity with Intelligence Community issues, policies, systems, and working relationships
• Demonstrated ability to examine project successes and failures and make recommendations to improve processes and practices
• Strong analytic ability to evaluate programmatic data, resolve inconsistencies and propose solutions to project issues
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability and willingness to initiate and manage relationships across the customer space.
At this level, the position is typically responsible for supervising 25 or more employees.
1. Provides technical, administrative, and operational management of assigned projects, including contract and subcontractor management.
2. Supervises assigned staff, including subordinate managers.
3. Develops technical project plans, proposals, reports, and task order and administrative reporting.
4. Reviews future project requirements and develops strategies for future work.
5. May also perform high level technical services on assigned tasks.
6. Conducts planning and provides recommendations to client on task workload.
7. Attends customer meetings and serves as primary client liaison.
8. Interacts with vendors, other agencies, and other client staff on behalf of the client.
9. Coordinates development of deliverables and products.
10. Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
10-12 years of related experience, including supervisory experience.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. Bachelors Degree in a related business or technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Professional certification (PMP) preferred.