Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is looking for a Senior Coordinator - Electric Work Methods in our Syracuse, NY location.
This position is responsible for Transmission and Distribution Substation projects and assist in managing CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) – Cascade for Substation Engineering Standards & CMMS group.
- Assist in the scoping and entering data for transmission and distribution substation projects including development of the scope, design criteria, construction review, data integration of deliverables (drawings, test data, etc.) into Cascade
- Responsible for all Substation equipment entry/start-ups in Cascade without impact to customers and the operating system. The primary interface with Customer Operations, Engineering, Project Management, Dispatch, etc. for transmission and distribution substation project Work order creation and closeouts in Cascade.
- As a member of the CMMS team, work closely with maintenance engineers in developing a day to day maintenance plan and preliminary scope of work for new and existing electrical substations, electrical substation additions, and modifications of electrical substation facilities complying with National Grid safety, environmental, standards and policies.
- Assist the lead analyst in business administration for the CASCADE and AIMMS maintenance management systems.
- Assist the lead implementer, trainer and IS/Vendor liaison for the 2017 Cascade implementation project.
- Design key reports for asset strategy, maintenance forecasting, audits, budgets and regulatory.
- Manage operation of CMMS team, providing leadership, training and expert knowledge on CMMS.
- Implement and develop TOA (Transformer Oil Analysis). Providing National grid with a key asset health tool.
- Provide Cascade training and support for the 650 cascade users.
- Building relationships with various groups and cross functional teams involving asset management, including: asset strategy, substations, telecom, and relay as well as key interface partners such as STORMS, PowerPlant, GIS and SAP.
- Design, develop, modify, and evaluate systems, process, or facilities to support Company objectives, utilizing engineering methods.
- Develop highly complex engineering applications, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, and performance assessments.
- Determine methods and techniques for obtaining results and assist in new application development.
- Recommend alternative solutions to management to meet business needs.
- Deliver on commitments and manage outside engineering services to accomplish the assigned work.
- Specify, evaluate, and select apparatus for stations.
- Assist in developing long-range maintenance philosophies.
- Review operation and maintenance practices.
- Manage multiple projects at one time.
- Work in a Project Management team environment.
- Travel will be required
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of realted experience.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws, regulations and the National Electric Codes.
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
- Demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including automated tools.
- Microsoft Office
- Visual Studio 2017
- Experience with web development, Node.js, ASP.NET, Google Charts
- Oracle Databases, Access Databases
- Team-based management, such as Scrum/Agile and Kanban
- Mobile applications
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work in energized stations.
- Travel and outside work.
- Ability to carry 60 pounds of equipment.
- Ability to produce technical reports, analyses, and documentation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Mobility in and around a substation
- Analysis of apparatus test data
- Knowledge of PLCs, HMI, SCADA, Metering, System Protection
- Knowledge of utility system practices
- Knowledge of hydraulic/pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of material science
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.