full-time employee contract
• ManTech is seeking a Systems Engineer to provide Launch Mission Integration support to the U.S. Air Force from our Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB), CA location. This position works side-by-side with Air Force Launch Mission Managers and provides key support from early integration meetings through booster delivery, launch processing, mission launch rehearsals, and day of launch to ensure the Government’s continued assured access to space.
• Provide technical assessments for launch campaign planning meetings, mission working groups, readiness reviews, and 30 LCG technical forums to identify technical issues/risks and make recommendations for resolution.
• Provide summary launch vehicle processing schedules and status products, monitor and assess the launch service provider’s processing and problem resolution activities, and provide status and recommendations to Air Force Leadership.
• Evaluate payload integration requirements, assess the abilities of the Launch Support Contractor and Range to meet payload requirements, and identify risks/issues to the Air Force Launch Mission Manager.
• Develop day of launch and mission rehearsal scripts, timelines, technical reference products, etc., and support the USG launch team during performance and evaluation of on-console EELV launch processing and launch operations, mission rehearsals, and East Coast shadow operations.
• Support the Rehearsal Anomaly Team to develop and execute anomaly scenarios, schedule and coordinate necessary exercise resources, and evaluate/update mission events within the lessons-learned process. Products include rehearsal scripts and coordination, asset schedule, academic briefings for each major console operation, console assignments and seating charts, lessons learned, etc.
• Review 30 LCG operating instructions, ConOps, mission assurance products, checklists, etc. for technical validity, recommend and update revisions, and support implementation of changes as required.
• Maintain the archive of launch campaign products and provide technical training to USG mission team members on the mission management process.
Mandatory Skills Requirements:
• Team-Building Skills
• Project Management Ability and Skills
• Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure
• Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
• Interpersonal and People Skills
• Ability to use PC
• Multi-Tasking Ability
• Presentation Skills (using PowerPoint)
• Organizational Skills
• Ability to use MS Office
• Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Listening Skills
Other Skills Preferred:
• This position requires demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, effective decision-making, and excellent oral and written communication skills. Specific equipment or software requirements.