What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
The TEMR (Test Equipment Maintenance and Repair) department has an high visibility opportunity for a Metrologist to provide technical direction in calibration matters and perform uncertainty analysis. You will operate in a self-directed mode to multiple priorities and implement long term plans. Leverage your broad knowledge of calibration disciplines and methods in our world class technology environment.
You will have daily interaction with other cross-business teams in IDS to maintain and meet organizational and program goals and objectives. These external groups include: Operations, technical support, manufacturing/test/design engineering, new program / modernization organization, Test Equipment Design and Facility Maintenance. Maintaining safety, cost, quality and delivery commitments while at the same time identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities are critical criteria for this position.
- Generation of calibration procedures and associated uncertainty analysis
- Act as a technical reviewer at proposed test station design reviews,
- Act as a technical resource on measurement and test equipment for IDS and its customers
- Act as primary TEMR contact for corporate and external audits
- Perform internal audits of TEMR operations to maintain quality and operational goals
- Represent Raytheon by participation in National Conference of Standards Laboratories International committee work including the ANSI Accredited Standards Committee (174). Have knowledge of current and past calibration standards and be able to compare and contrast those items.
- Has primary responsibility for TEMR Department capital procurement activities to meet long term goals. This will include definition of equipment for support of improvements initiatives and participating in the development of cost benefit analysis and defense of the requested items at management meetings
- Lead technical projects as directed by the section manager and department manager.
- Suggest improvements to both processes and equipment in TEMR to support both continuous improvement and cost goals
- Identify sources of supply and procure legacy equipment to support production test stations availability.
- Identify sources of outside calibration services including performing vendor audits as required to qualify vendors.
- Maintain communication with calibration labs at other Raytheon divisions to facilitate a one company approach to Raytheon’s diverse businesses.
- Review requests for proposal for calibration and test equipment maintenance services and develop a formal quotation in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Acquisition Regulations.
- Generate and maintain TEMR department command media (policies).
- Participate in establishing TEMR department operational budgets.
- Review vendor calibration documents for compliance with current calibration policies and standards.
- Assist and train new and current employees to support their knowledge of calibration and departmental operations
- Minimum of 8 years (6 years with a related MS degree - STEM) proven knowledge and hands on experience performing calibration design and uncertainty analysis.
- Experience creating and/or updating calibration procedures and an understanding of general calibration philosophies
- Demonstrated applicable work experience in a fast paced production/manufacturing environments.
- General understanding of Six Sigma or similar Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing processes
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Understanding of traceability to the NIST and other national measurement institutes.
Required Education (including Major):
- Elevated computer literacy; proficient working with Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word).
- Understanding of ANSI/NCSL Z540 series and ISO 17025 calibration quality Standards
- Proven understanding of ISO900x compliance and readiness, ideally with the military customer (MDA, DCMA etc.)
- Familiarity with AS9100 quality standard
- Experience and Aerospace/Defense business
- Knowledge of FLUKE MET/CAL® software system
- Knowledge of Keysight TME software system
- Knowledge of uncertainty analysis software.
- Previous participation in NCSLI committee work
- Able to speak many organizational languages; manufacturing, finance, quality etc
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- BS in Science / Engineering / Mathematics (MS preferred). U.S Military PMEL training may be substituted.
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.