Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM). In support of the customer’s strategic direction, Raytheon is looking for qualified Cyber Security Incident Responders who can support a customer in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
Responsibilities will include:
•Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks
•Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities, response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security operations
•Produce reports and briefs to provide an accurate depiction of the current threat landscape and associated risk. Accomplish this through the use of customer, community, and open source reporting
•Provide analysis for correlated information sources
•Facilitate the customer's posturing itself to aggressively investigate cyber activity targeting customer information and its information infrastructure
•Assist the customer training department in the education of staff on the cyber threat
•Liaison with other government cyber threat analysis entities, such as intra-agency and inter-agency Cyber Threat Working Groups
•Maintaining proficiency in the use and production of visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database queries
•Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer network intrusions
•Additional duties may include providing intrusion support to high technology investigations in the form of computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, data recovery, and network assessments
•Meet and maintain customer required Information Assurance training compliance
•Ability to support shift work
- Must have active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Hands-on experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
•Experience in computer intrusion analysis and incident response;
•Computer network surveillance/monitoring;
•Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures;
•Experience in computer evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery;
•Computer network forensics;
•System log analysis;
•Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks.
- Current experience with network intrusion detection and response operations (Protect, Defend, Respond and Sustain methodology)
- Current experience with cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
- Demonstrated ability to document processes
- The ability to respond to crises objectively
- Proficiency with MS Office Applications
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Experience supporting DHS, Federal Civil, Intelligence and/or DoD Customers
- Computer Forensics experience
- Malware reverse engineering experience
- Experience with Risk and Opportunity management
- Scripting experience (python, perl etc…)
- Experience with process development and deployment
- Excellent writing skills
- Prior experience with data visualization products such as Analyst Notebook is desired.
- Prior experience with Splunk
- Prior experience working in one of the following
- Security Operations Center (SOC/NOSC)
- Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT/CIRT)
- DOD/FED Cyber Intel organization
- DCIO/MCIO, with Cyber Counterintelligence focus
- Additional Technical CND Incident Reporter Certification(CEH, GCIH, GCIA, GNFA)
- DoDI 8570.01-M 8570.01-M IAT Level I Compliant Certification (Network + CE, A+ CE, CCNA + Security, SSCP)
Required Education (including Major): 4 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science Degree with major in Cyber Engineering, Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Science or related field. Professional experience may be substituted for a degree.
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.