What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Program Contracts supporting IDS' Seapower Capability Systems (SCS) in Marlborough, MA. This position is responsible for a full range of contract management and capture activities in support of the highly visible, growing AN/SPY-6 / Air and Missile Defense Radar (AMDR) Program. AMDR is the Navy’s next generation integrated air and missile defense radar that significantly enhances the ships’ ability to detect air and surface targets as well as the ever-proliferating ballistic missile threats. The AMDR portfolio includes a couple of contracts with options, if exercised, would bring the cumulative value to $2B.
The scope of your responsibilities will include:
Leading the creation, approval, maintenance, and execution of contracts capture/execution strategies and plans for AMDR to execute and grow internationally.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Contracts for the Naval Radar Systems (NRS) Product Area.Required Skills:
- Providing strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contract solutions which will result in achieving program and business objectives.
- Providing Proposal (RFP) assessment, proposal generation, contract negotiation, contract management, and ensuring that business deals comply with company policies.
- Supporting program gate reviews, program management reviews, business strategy sessions, proposal reviews, risk management activities, and all other contracts related matters affecting AMDR.
- Developing relationships with and serving as the focal point of contact with the customers' Contract Managers, DCAA and DCMA.
- Shaping opinions of key stakeholders and negotiating to create the best outcomes possible.
- Advising management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigating contractual and program risks; compiling and analyzing data; maintaining historical records.
- Supervising 1-2 contracts professionals to ensure that resources are properly allocated and leveraged. Candidate must be able to recruit, develop, motivate, and retain talent to execute on all contractual activities to achieve company business objectives.
- 10 years of related work experience in contracts.
- Extensive experience with contracts “common body-of-knowledge” (i.e., FAR, DFARS, ITAR, EAR, TINA, EVMS, etc.)
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and within a fast-paced multitask environment
- Experience with providing leadership and mentoring to staff
- Extensive negotiation experience and skills to include preparation of business case presentations, shaping requirements, persuasive communication skills, and ability to condense complex situations into easily understandable formats to all levels.
- Possess a high level of discernment to prioritize competing execution priorities.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance within a year of employment; U.S. Citizenship required
Required Education (including Major):
- Defense Industry specific contracts or industry related experience
- Ability and experience recognizing risk elements in business transactions
- Experience working competitive domestic and international programs/acquisitions [Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and Direct Commercial Sales (DCS)]
- Ability to apply legal aspects of government and commercial acquisition to the contract management function
- Ability to travel (occasional travel required)
- Advanced degree (Masters or J.D.) or Industry Certifications (NCMA or IACCM)
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA,BS) in Business Management or Administration, Legal, Finance, Political Science)
Raytheon: “Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.