The Advanced Electro-Optical and Mission Systems Department is currently in need for an Electro-Optical Signal Processing Systems Engineer with Performance Analysis, Algorithms, Control Systems, and Optical Signal Processing experience. The systems engineer will play an integral role assessing and developing Electro-Optical systems including imagers, passive/active EO tracking, LIDAR, and directed energy systems. The systems engineer will be responsible for performing trade studies, design, data and performance analysis, modeling, integration, and test in the support of the development and build of advanced electro-optical systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with very strong problem solving skills, ability to work independently on small teams, and also have demonstrated capability in design, integration and test of complex engineering systems.
Main tasks will be:
- Algorithm development and data analysis in matlab
- Computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics, optics, phenomenology, and radiometry
- Development of Line-of-Sight stabilization, control systems, detection and tracking algorithms
- EO/IR system and algorithm performance analysis
- Technical presentations to both internal and external customers
- The systems engineer needs to have a strong background with optical signal processing and EO systems.
- Minimum 4 years of engineering experience working on design, build, analysis, or testing of EO systems or EO platforms
- Experience in the area of IR sensors, tracking, detection, optical signal processing, calibration, and radiometric sensitivity modeling
- Strong math and physics background
- GPU programming (in Matlab and/or C/C++)
- Knowledge in image & signal processing theory and practice
- Experience with analytics, Matlab/Simulink and C/C++ programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for attacking unfamiliar problems and learning on the job
- Flexibility to take on multiple roles in a small team
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Current / Active DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Prior leadership experience managing systems engineering tasks or multi-disciplined teams
- Development of automatic code generation in Matlab
- Signal processing, image processing, tracking, computer vision, machine learning, and/or object recognition
- Knowledge in estimation theory and numerical methods along with some practical experience in these areas
- EO/IR or Laser domain knowledge
- Experience in numerical modeling and simulation, and performing analysis using MATLAB, C++, Python, or similar language
- Ability to obtain an SSBI Clearance
Bachelor's of Science (B.S.) in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics, or related technical fieldDesired Education:
Master’s of Science (M.S.) or PhD in ME, EE, AE, Math, Physics, Optics or related technical field
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.