Raytheon Missile Systems Company is seeking to hire a Land Based Weapons Systems (LPWS) Program Manager under the Close in Defense Systems (CIDS) portfolio located in Louisville, Kentucky or Huntsville, Alabama.
The Program Manager will be required to interface regularly with Program Executive Office (PEO) of the Missile & Space, and Program Directorate of the Counter Rocket Artillery Mortar Program Office. This role is responsible for cost, schedule, and technical applications under the LPWS program, while adhering to all Raytheon Policies and Procedures. This role will manage an extremely diverse skilled engineering team across multiple Raytheon sites and military posts both domestic and international.
The position requires regular interface with Executive Leadership and Functional Management areas including Finance, Contracts, Engineering, Supply Chain, EX/IM, Marketing and Business Development. Projected sales for this product, less production manufacturing, is estimated at $30M - $70M annually.
The LPWS PM will serve as a key driver in setting the direction and energy for program execution in order to meet customer needs. The candidate should have demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams in a matrix environment. They should have demonstrated capability and prior successful experience working in functional support groups and Program Management. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated the ability to remove barriers to develop creative strategic solutions and resolve programmatic concerns regarding on-time deliveries spanning across the entire range of the product life cycle.
This position requirements a clear understanding of the Army protocol and fluent in Army Regulations and Military Standards. The Program Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Design & DevelopmentIntegration and TestEngineering Services – Technical Manuals/Training Material and Training ConductField Services CONUS/OCONUS Missions OperationsSystem Performance
- At least 10 years of progressive responsibility in Program/Project Management, Engineering, Logistics Support and/or other related technical positions within the International business area
- Demonstrated success advocating for customer requirements and influencing internal leadership and peers to meet customer requirements
- Demonstrated experience with complex contracts
- Demonstrated experience with PM Best Practices including Profit and Loss responsibilitiesAbility to conduct briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives
- Demonstrated experience managing cost, schedule, performance on contracts
- Active Department of Defense (DOD) Secret security clearance
- Experience and knowledge of International Traffic in Arms Regulations
This position requires the eligibility to have or obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Demonstrated understanding and proficient use of program management tools such as Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Integrated Master Plan (IMP) / Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management or similar business processes
- Previous Army experience. Knowledge of Army Regulations, Army Military Standards and Managing Organizations – TRADOC, AMCOM, ATEC, etc.
- Raytheon Program Level Certification 5 or higher
- Demonstrated depot/repair technical experience
- Understanding of Army Acquisition, Procurement and Requirements processes. Knowledgeable of Acquisition Production and Development phase thru Program Sustainment Operations and Support: product support and logistics capabilities and strategies, CONUS/OCONUS Fielding Mission / Operation execution.
- Demonstrated success interfacing with senior level US and International government and/or Industry officials
- Demonstrated strong customer relationship building and collaboration abilities with military command and ex-military civilian staff
- Knowledge of Bill of Material Structures and requirements
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.