SAIC is currently looking for two (2) Lead Software Developers to work on the AMRDEC MCE project located in Huntsville Alabama (Redstone Arsenal).
The MCE system is a state of the art battle command information system that provides integrated, on-the-move, timely, relevant Command and Control / Situational Awareness (C2/SA) information to tactical combat, combat support and combat service support commanders, leaders, and key C2 nodes. It is being built from the ground up using the latest Android Tactical Assault Kit (ATAK) technology hosted on a customized, hardened Linux/Android Hybrid Operating System
• Candidates will be expected to lead in a small to medium size team, in an agile like environment, to design, implement, document and test SW components through the entire SW lifecycle.
• Candidates will be expected to break up larger SW modules into smaller, incrementally delivered components that will be assigned to SW team members that the candidate will manage.
• Working with the assigned SW team, the candidate will be expected to create an Integrated Master Schedule reflecting the time required to design, implement and test SW components that have been assigned to the managed task.
• Candidates will be required to create and present design documentation, as well as participate in customer facing design reviews for the SW components the candidate is responsible for. Good communication skills are a must.
• Candidates will be responsible for the creation and delivery of all SW CDRL documents associated with their assigned tasks.
• Candidates will be expected to conduct and participate in peer reviews of the SW team being managed. The candidate will code review all SW produced by their team.
• Candidates will be expected to oversee the integration of all SW components implemented by the team into the integrated system.
Required Education: BS and 9+ years of related experience in leadership.
· Leading a team of developers
· Task estimation and scheduling
o Working with System Engineers to decompose the task into SW components.
o Working with the test team to create and implement a SW test plan.
o Working with Document Control to produce CDRL documents.
· Integrated Master Schedule Creation
· Giving customer facing presentation and status
· Good communication skills
· Java/Java FX
· JUnit unit testing framework including Mokito
· Javadoc SW documentation constructs
· Linux OS (RHEL)
· Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEs
· Network Analysis Tools (Wireshark, TCPDUMP analysis)
· Scripting languages such as Python
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Secret/Interim Secret Clearance