Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Job ID: 466356BR
Date posted: Jan. 08, 2019
Program: Production Operations
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of an Associate Manufacturing Engineer supporting manufacturing operations within our Electronics Manufacturing Center (EMC). The EMC supports all Lockheed Martin Space programs building spacecraft power and avionics equipment which includes circuit card assemblies, electronic modules, and boxes.
This role will require you to be organized with exceptional attention-to-detail skills. You will collaborate with manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other key essential team members supporting manufacturing. This role is considered and entry-level position. To excel in this position, you should be able to work independently, be a self-starter with the ability to think, and be dedicated in your efforts.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You will interpret engineer drawings and create work instructions for technicians to support product build.
• Support shop floor technicians.
• Resolve work stoppages through defect disposition, root cause analysis, equipment support, and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Create and manage relationships with a multi-disciplined team.
• Conceptualize assembly using strong mechanical aptitudes, understanding of material properties, heat transfer, and structural properties.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in one of the following fields: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, or equivalent experience.
• You will have the knowledge and skills to read and interpret assembly drawings and define the manufacturing steps to meet all requirements.
• Ability decipher and follow various engineering specifications.
• Familiarity with generating work instructions.
• Familiarity with nonconformance processing (i.e. defect disposition, cause and corrective action, etc.)
• Strong interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
• General computer skills (MS Office Suite Software).
• Familiarity with SAP/VE-CAMS (Qnotes, Routings, Bills of material).
• 0-2 years of aerospace or defense manufacturing experience.
• Familiarity with defect trending or Statistical Process Control.
• Hands on experience with solder, wiring, torque, epoxy bonding, and other electronics assembly processes.
• Basic Experience Programming and operating equipment.
• Lean or Six Sigma experience.
• New Process development and experience validating processes for flight applications.
• Understanding of Root Cause Analysis.
• Experience with Design of Experiments.
• Familiarity of industry standards for electronic assembly requirements including IPC610 and J-STD-001.
• Advanced software skills (VBA, MS Access, Excel macros, JAVA, SharePoint, etc.).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9/80 A: (Autotime System)