Electrical Engineer / Low Cost Technology - Rapid Prototyping / Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 466401BR
Date posted: Jan. 08, 2019
City: Grand Prairie
Description:At Lockheed Martin, you’ll have an opportunity to create a better world every day. For most individuals, our work challenges belong merely to headlines and tweets. But our employees routinely experience a broad range of programs and projects, each geared to important human needs. Whatever your assignment, you’ll use your education and experience to take on formidable challenges. Meanwhile, you can rely on the resources of a global technology leader to back the kind of innovation that has characterized our historic breakthroughs
Lockheed Martin Grand Prairie TX, is looking for an Affordability Test Bed (ATB), hands on research engineer to evaluate low cost technologies, such as commercial off the shelf (COTS) sensors & algorithms, in a rapid development atmosphere. Tasks will include: -seeking out novel technologies and companies, attending relevant conferences for technology discovery, conducting experiments to stress technologies with relevant environment/scenarios, documenting and cataloging results/conclusions. Most of the work will be performed in a lab environment with a small, cross directorate team of engineers working on R&D tasks with dynamic schedules.
So take on what’s never been done before. Become a Lockheed Martin Electrical Engineer. You are meant to solve the hardest challenges.
Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
Visit Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control's The Muse profile here: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/lockheedmartinmissilesandfirecontrol?profile_page=1494
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline.
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain or have an active DoD Secret Clearance.
- Multidisciplinary engineering relevant to a Hardware in the Loop (HWIL) environment
- Test and integration experience
- High motivation level
- Prior experience in electrical engineering with particular experience in one of the following areas: digital, analog, RF circuit design or component engineering.
- Familiarity with commercial UAS (multirotor and fixed wing)
- Familiarity with constructing cable harness & electronic enclosures
- Familiarity with products (LabVIEW, MATLAB/Simulink, CAD modeling)
- Familiarity with VXWorks (or other RTOS), embedded Linux platforms, and Microsoft C++/CLI programming
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Electrical Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day