Project Engineering Leader/Control Account Manager
Job ID: 464584BR
Date posted: Jan. 08, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. If you have the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Do all things outer space intrigue you? If so, we invite to apply your expertise with us, a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. At Lockheed Martin Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach. Come, be a part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for a Project Engineering professional who wants to lead and be part of our mission. As a Project Engineering leader, you will serve as the Control Account Manager (CAM) performing Control Account duties for all assigned control accounts within the Global Positioning System (GPS) III BUS, Payload, and Subcontracts Teams. This will include leading, planning, budgeting, and managing the cost/schedule/technical performance for each assigned Control Account (CA) on all GPS III Payload products, mechanical subsystem, CPE labor, and Subcontracted hardware with a total dollar span of control of $600M-$1.5B. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Effectively manage control account performance, elevate concerns and issues where appropriate to program management, including other impacted control account managers
• Work with partnering organizations (supply chain, program management, quality, etc.) to ensure all processes are appropriately followed and implemented to ensure smooth product flow throughout the life-cycle
• Identify risks and opportunities to the program Risk & Opportunity Control Board and implement approved mitigation plans
• Conduct closed loop corrective action to include thorough variance analysis, monitoring of cost/schedule mitigation activities, and corrective action adjustment as necessary
• Provide timely and accurate insight to key program impacts or opportunities to the Integrated Process Team (IPT) Manager and Program Manager
• Address any 2nd level questions related to parts procurement status, headcount challenges, resource constraints, or safety and quality issues
• Complete all Earned Value Management (EVM) assigned duties to include work authorization requests, estimate at complete review, schedule status, variance reporting, and comprehensive estimates at complete
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 14 - 20 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, on-site medical care, 25 three-day weekends, and healthy living incentives just to name a few reasons to join Lockheed Martin.
• Bachelors degree in a technical or business discipline with 12-14 years of experience
• Knowledge of program life-cycle and how early milestones may drive future costs
• General technical knowledge of Flight Hardware and Space Vehicle Integration
• Previous CAM or project lead experience
• Previous Proposal, Basis of Estimate (BOE), & Negotiations experience
• Risk and Opportunity Management experience
• Must be a United States citizen
• Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance
• Demonstrated experience in driving complex issues or problems to successful closure
• Desire to enhance Program Management skills including communication, the ability to deal with
unforeseen challenges, and building strong relationships
• Familiarity with GPS III, A2100 Bus, and/or other
Satellite programs is considered a plus
• Familiarity with Payload products, Batteries, and Space Vehicle Integration experience is considered a plus
• Strong problem solving, root cause, corrective action, and closure skills
• Lead discussions and determine resolutions to problems
• Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with customer
• Accept responsibility, accountability and exercise authority to ensure cost, schedule, and technical success
• Support internal and external customer audits
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Management
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2