We are National Grid, and we are at the heart of energy. From heating homes to making sure businesses fire on all cylinders, we’re using our engineering excellence to connect people and the planet. We’re also looking to the future – innovating, inventing, and transforming – to make possible the energy systems of tomorrow. And that’s why there’s never been a more exciting time to join us and help us to make a difference to people’s lives every day.
You will provide a front line excellent service to our customers, managing their unlicensed work and responding / managing customer (and stakeholder) feedback from our licensed activities.
The location for this role is Warwick
A full valid driving license is required
A competitive salary between £26,700 – £29,900 – dependent on experience.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus based on personal and company performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 10%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
- Provide a first line customer enquiry response, providing excellent levels of customer service and managing customer and stakeholder expectations
- Receive, acknowledge and action customer enquiries in accordance with agreed priorities in a timely and professional manner whilst accurately maintaining relevant system data.
- Leverage relationships to identify new opportunities from existing customer portfolio.
- For our unlicensed activities, translate customer requirements into a detailed deliverable service specification, querying and challenging service providers (as required). Prepare a full cost estimation on which to develop a commercial offer consistent with current commercial pricing policy and offer to the customer in a prompt manner.
- Liaise with customers and planning functions to agree all work dates as well as identifying and pursuing alternative dates and work scopes as required, to accommodate customer work where conflicts arise.
- Ensure work is carried out to customer expectations, managing multiple stakeholders to ensure effective delivery to time, cost, risk management and quality.
- Work with the service providers to validate costs and generate accurate invoices in an acceptable timeframe to customers
- Assimilate customer performance information, ensuring that the customer feedback is shared to the appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Respond to customer complaints, managing in accordance with KPI response times and engaging others across ET to resolve.
Technical / Specialist Skills and Experience
- Proven computer literacy with the ability to use work processing, spreadsheet packages to at least intermediate standard is essential (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of dealing with Customers or working in a Customer service environment
- Experience working in a transactional environment, delivering outputs to tight timescales whilst maintaining accuracy
- Knowledge of UK electricity transmission business preferable
- Significant experience working independently and taking the initiative
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise in an environment demanding the individual to work on numerous tasks within defined timescales.
- GCSE or equivalent qualifications in key subjects including English & Maths (Grades A-C)
- Level 3 in engineering or business related discipline
Advert Closing Date
The closing date for this advert is 22nd January 2019