Cushman & Wakefield (http://www.cushmanwakefield.com/en/careers)
Salt Lake City
Senior Property Manager
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the management of the Property Management staff as well as to oversee a significant portfolio or property and to serve as a point person on third-party relationships
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct, coordinate, and exercise functional responsibility for property management business
• Provide overall property management leadership through the development and interpretation of policies and programs, coordination of information flow and property management strategy
• Provide direction and leadership to Property Management staff, promoting reasonable career paths associated with property management professionals
• Track budget variances and ensure smooth recovery process
• Oversee the billing process including payment of invoices and disbursement of funds
• Monitor cash flow and cash requirements in conjunction with Property Manager to ensure efficient use of cash
• Oversee preparation of reports, annual budget, and other documents for owner in accordance with the management agreement
• Support prompt collection of management fees and reimbursements to overhead
• Maintain interface with third-party owners, ensuring total contract compliance, and accurate and timely reporting
• Resolve tenant relations issues to ensure their satisfaction
• Perform regular property inspections with staff
• Oversee construction projects with Construction Manager, including approving construction contract and invoices
• Ensure compliance with Property Management Policies and Procedures, codes, regulations, and governmental agency directives
1. Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
2. Customer Focus
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Leadership Skills
5. Teamwork Orientation
6. Time Management Skills
7. Financial Acumen
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related discipline preferred
• 5+ years of real estate property management or related experience
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
• CPM, RPA, or CSM designation
• Possess real estate license
• Strong knowledge of finance and building operations
• Proven experience in management, evaluation, development, and motivation of subordinates
• Ability to effectively manage a team of professionals, including both employees and vendors
• Previous experience in analyzing and negotiating commercial lease and/or contract language
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate with others and exchange accurate information; operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; move about the workplace; remain in a stationary position for up to 90% of the time; and extend hands and arms in any direction.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for C&W. These duties may have slight modifications based on the regional location.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.