Check us out on YouTube:
The Whole Life Systems Engineering (WLSE) Directorate in McKinney, TX is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and are under configuration control. WLSE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLSE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. We are focused in two main areas, product support and technical data support. In the product support area, the disciplines are reliability, system safety and supportability. On the technical data side, the main disciplines are configuration management and data management.
The Reliability Engineer will work under general direction and exercise latitude in technical decisions to meet customer requirements. The Reliability Engineer will represent the Reliability Engineering Department in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects. Responsibilities will include identifying key issues and addressing them with optimal technical solutions, managing a reliability program including; monitoring program technical execution, interfacing with customers, program offices, subcontractors, vendors as well as effectively tasking subordinate reliability engineering personnel.
The position will require application of some or all of the following elements. Responsibility will increase commensurate with skill.
Have proficiency in and ability to apply reliability engineering techniques and processes, such as:
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date. Required Skills:
- Reliability Modeling, Allocations, and Predictions, Parts Stress and Derating Analysis, Failure Reporting and Corrective Action Systems (FRACAS), Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Failure Diagnosis and Data/Trend Analysis, Reliability Demonstration Testing / Reliability Growth Testing, and Electronic Parts Circuit Tolerance Analysis (EPCTA) / Worst Case Circuit Analysis (WCCA)
- Experience planning and conducting Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), and Reliability Demonstration / Growth Testing (RDGT)
- Have experience with statistical analysis techniques
- Be capable of executing/applying root cause analysis at a system level
- A minimum of two (2) years professional engineering experience in reliability engineering (reliability experience in electrical, electronic, and/or electromechanical product design and development)
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Project management skills - Ensure establishment of an executable project plan, schedule, budget, resource requirements and performance standards
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Be familiar with and able to apply reliability engineering techniques and processes, such as:
- Reliability tools, e.g. Relex / Windchill, ASENT, Reliasoft, etc.
- Built-In-Test (BIT), Fault Detection Rate (FDR), Fault Isolation Rate (FIR), and False Alarm Rate (FAR) calculations
- Design of Experiment (DOE) methods, Sneak Circuit Analysis methods
- Bayesian Reliability Methods
- Software Reliability Methods
- Possess strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills with the ability to manage a reliability program and provide direction to subordinate personnel
- Ability to take an analytical approach, and utilize technical knowledge to solve challenges with optimal solutions
- Be a critical systems thinker, capable of understanding how a system operates and using available information to make an informed decision on the effects to the system’s reliability
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to independently pursue information and solve complex problems
- Familiarity with other functional disciplines’ modeling, simulation, analysis, and testing techniques, methods, and related processes, e.g. structural, thermal, EEE / EMI / EMC, material science, components engineering, analog / digital / power electronics design, etc.
- Able to organize and deliver presentations that communicate complex issues simply yet accurately
Required Education (including Major):
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens. Additional information can be found here:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics; Desired: ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.